Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

YAY!!! I finally got it!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Oct 21, 2012.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

And, no...I don't mean herpes (too late for that). I finally found a bi-tone Springfield Armory XDs today. Sadly it was over at the gunshow in portland so I did not get to bring it home with me, but I will have it tomorrow. All I have to do is run over to Coctailer's tomorrow and pick it up. Which means I have to endure several minutes in his office with him undressing me with his eyes the whole time, but it is worth it.

2. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

Congrats! I have about 950 rounds through my Bi-Tone XD-S. I love it, and I am sure you will love yours too.

3. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

As if you weren't looking forward to that anyways....:p

4. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

tell me more about this Coctailer and his office of a thousand eyes. seriously, where is it and can I ship guns I buy over the internets there? I've lost all hope in local dealers and their ability to stock anything other than the basic Glock, Taurus, and other garbage I don't want.

5. eganx

eganx Kingston WA Active Member

I don't know if they are still having issues, but my father-in-law went through two that would not function correctly before he gave up. Two types of failure to feed, and trigger not resetting sometimes. Just make sure yours is good to go.

6. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Congrats.

427447_476591805685533_581854913_n.jpg

7. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Coctailer = Ortwein International LLC By all accounts Andrew is a stand up guy.

8. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Hmmmm...that holster looks dangerous. You need to send it to me for safety testing. :)

9. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

10. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Absolutely true!!

11. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

I have been shooting my brothers... Its SWEET! 230gr loads and no different than any other .45 to shoot. Very nice. Been pushed higher up on the must have list for sure.

Enjoy it. Very nicely done I think.

12. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

I have the XD-S, and I highly recommend the extended, seven-round magazine. The pistol is much easier to control since you have a full grip, and you get the added benefit of two additional rounds.

Peter

13. ironmike86

ironmike86 WA Member

Does the recoil kill your hand??

14. Nutty4Guns

No. After 150 rounds, you could get a little tired of it. It isn't much more recoil than a full size .45. Certainly, nothing even close to a .38 snub recoil IMO.

15. ironmike86

ironmike86 WA Member

Hmm hard for me to visualize? My 1911 is easy to shoot. Have you shot a Glock 27?? Just trying to find a comparison with something small?? I want a Shield but can never find one. I see the Xds time to time. May just get one. I like the feel of the gun. Its really nice for the size

16. Nutty4Guns

I had a G27 for a couple of years, but it has been a while. I think the recoil of the XDS is maybe a little more than the 27, but not by much.

17. ironmike86

ironmike86 WA Member

Thanks. The G27 has a little snap. If I can't get a Shield in a few months the Xds maybe the one. I'm going to try to shoot one first but it does feel good in the hand. My G27 I can shoot without problems but after 150-200 rounds it doesn't hurt just not as fun. But it is a sub

18. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

How many brothers do you have left, and why are you shooting them?