JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just updating my recovery from multiple hernia surgery that I had on Wednesday the 18th. The hernias were "incisional hernias" due to emergency surgery I had about 6 years ago for a perforated ulcer and my weight caused them. Since losing 80 lbs, my doc said I could get this done before I had to move from Kaiser to the High Deductible health plan my company has replaced the Kaiser plan with.

I'm at home. I came home on Friday afternoon and things have been getting better. I took a shower today for the first time after the surgery and that felt quite good to get cleaned up. Sleep has been getting better and I'm currently not taking any pain meds although it can be fairly painful when standing and moving. But I feel so much less groggy and more able to do things than to just lay in bed and sleep all day and all night. It was quite the shock when the surgeon reported that the two large hernias were much larger than he had anticipated and that there were two other small ones for a total of 6. But it seems like it will be a success and I look forward to getting back to normal soon. I have to wear this darned "binder" around my belly for six weeks though. That is going to be not so much fun. But other than that, I think I should be able to enjoy Christmas and such.

Thanks all! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! And I look forward to getting back to shooting as soon as I can. I'm limited in how much I can lift right now for the next six weeks so I think carrying my SR1911 is going to be out for that period.

I'd like to make a cash offer for that SR1911. :D

Sorry, no go on that one. That will be a last resort.

roflmao.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, on Thursday the 26th, I had extreme chest pain which radiated to my back and into my belly. Went to the Emergency Room and they ruled out the heart and ruled out a blood clot. But then they told me they thought it had to do with my Gallbladder and Pancreas. So much fun. I ended up being admitted and I just got home this afternoon. I hope I can stay away from hospitals for a while. Feeling better but a bit nervous and hoping that I don't have anything else happen to me any time soon.

Well, on Thursday the 26th, I had extreme chest pain which radiated to my back and into my belly. Went to the Emergency Room and they ruled out the heart and ruled out a blood clot. But then they told me they thought it had to do with my Gallbladder and Pancreas. So much fun. I ended up being admitted and I just got home this afternoon. I hope I can stay away from hospitals for a while. Feeling better but a bit nervous and hoping that I don't have anything else happen to me any time soon.

Good to hear it was not the heart.
Had a gall stone and it ended up getting my pancreas, liver and everything else inflamed. They wanted to remove the gallbladder and I asked what the alternative was. They said death or a zero fat diet until it cleared up, but that it had not really been successful so far. I opted for the zero fat diet. For a fricken year. NO fat and lots of dill pickles. Try to find zero fat foods.....
Veggie cowpie burgers, rye crisp and dill pickles for a yr. I succeeded.
The doctors just shook their heads and said I should have died .
Stubbornness pays sometimes.
Glad you are home. Think about your diet a lot. Tough but better than dying from doctor induced infections.
When God sends a message we should probably listen :)

Dang Bob, that sucks.
Keep us posted.
Like Taku said, take a look at what you eat. Seems we "self-inflict" stuff on ourselves with the bad food available here in the USA.

I don't know anything about med stuff. Is Gall and Pancreas stuff easy to treat?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top