JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up all of this once fired brass for 5.00 At a yard sale today. I can use the .06.

95F50EF7-D080-4E8B-9AB4-1DE5AB96821F.jpeg

Color me jealous. Ive bumped into yard sales like that, widow just wanted ammo and items gone.. I gladly bought it all. Priced so well I didnt even haggle. Those rare deals are still out there.
Awesome score man!

Color me jealous. Ive bumped into yard sales like that, widow just wanted ammo and items gone.. I gladly bought it all. Priced so well I didnt even haggle. Those rare deals are still out there.
Awesome score man!
Buddy of mine has run estate sales for years.
Told me a story about how a widow didn't know what to with her passed husband guns. So she called the police to come and get them.

Buddy of mine has run estate sales for years.
Told me a story about how a widow didn't know what to with her passed husband guns. So she called the police to come and get them.
Guns are tough.. I can understand a widow being overwhelmed and not knowing or wanting to have to deal with the sale of firearms. Ammo and accessories though.. Id hope she sold that stuff off! Us guys would snag it up!

A couple of years ago I rented a table at a gun show to get rid of some stuff I didn't need any more.
A older guy that had the table next to me went to a garage sale and there was a handle for a Dillion press sticking up in a big plastic tote under her eight foot plastic tabe.
She told him fifty bucks. He snagged it right up. He paid her and went to grab the press and she told him all three totes under the table goes with the press. When he grabbed the last tote she told him to give her his phone number that there was more stuff that goes with that stuff up in the room.
She took all of the old mans guns to a cabelas. Some people are just plain lucky.
------------

Last year I bought several guns from an older guy who gave up shooting five years ago.
I bought a Ruger 45 caliber Old Army, a T/C hawkens rifle and a Remington 788 in 223 for $850. I sold the two black powder guns for $800.
I told him to let me know what else he has to sell. A week later he called and had Mini14 for $450 and if I bought it he would give me a RCBS press, two sets of dies and a pound of powder.
When I got there he had three big boxes of reloading stuff and a big box of powder on the couch. I asked how much is all of the reloading stuf. He said free it goes with the gun. Two complete Rock Chucker press, two RCBS powder measurers, two RCBS trimmers and a bumch of other stuff plus five or six ammo boxes of 223 ammo.
Then a bought Remington 700 in 338RUM with a $2,500 scope on it for $900 plus it came with around 500 pieces of ammo, three RCBS die sets. I kept the scope and sold the gun, ammo & dies for $800.
Then I bought another Remington 700 in 338 Magnum, two die sets and a bunch of ammo and it has a nive vx4 leupold scope for $450. I kept the scope and the two sets of dies and halh of the ammo and sold the gun for $650.
I bought about five or six more guns off him.
Deals like these are few & far between.

A couple of years ago I rented a table at a gun show to get rid of some stuff I didn't need any more.
A older guy that had the table next to me went to a garage sale and there was a handle for a Dillion press sticking up in a big plastic tote under her eight foot plastic tabe.
She told him fifty bucks. He snagged it right up. He paid her and went to grab the press and she told him all three totes under the table goes with the press. When he grabbed the last tote she told him to give her his phone number that there was more stuff that goes with that stuff up in the room.
She took all of the old mans guns to a cabelas. Some people are just plain lucky.
------------

Last year I bought several guns from an older guy who gave up shooting five years ago.
I bought a Ruger 45 caliber Old Army, a T/C hawkens rifle and a Remington 788 in 223 for $850. I sold the two black powder guns for $800.
I told him to let me know what else he has to sell. A week later he called and had Mini14 for $450 and if I bought it he would give me a RCBS press, two sets of dies and a pound of powder.
When I got there he had three big boxes of reloading stuff and a big box of powder on the couch. I asked how much is all of the reloading stuf. He said free it goes with the gun. Two complete Rock Chucker press, two RCBS powder measurers, two RCBS trimmers and a bumch of other stuff plus five or six ammo boxes of 223 ammo.
Then a bought Remington 700 in 338RUM with a $2,500 scope on it for $900 plus it came with around 500 pieces of ammo, three RCBS die sets. I kept the scope and sold the gun, ammo & dies for $800.
Then I bought another Remington 700 in 338 Magnum, two die sets and a bunch of ammo and it has a nive vx4 leupold scope for $450. I kept the scope and the two sets of dies and halh of the ammo and sold the gun for $650.
I bought about five or six more guns off him.
Deals like these are few & far between.
Some folks have ALL the luck !!! :)

My Dad is downsizing. He turned 88 and is done with some activities.
I have his press and everything but powder to reload .38 spl. 200 spp's and I have found no powder yet. I do have a spool of lead and a LOT of brass and boxes and loading notes.
I was planning on selling it all and sending Dad the money.
I am sure someone here will try to talk me out of it, right???

My Dad is downsizing. He turned 88 and is done with some activities.
I have his press and everything but powder to reload .38 spl. 200 spp's and I have found no powder yet. I do have a spool of lead and a LOT of brass and boxes and loading notes.
I was planning on selling it all and sending Dad the money.
I am sure someone here will try to talk me out of it, right???
Reloading is a hobby and in times like these a necessity. It not that hard to get started loading rounds but as you learn more you start to understand the whys and hows. Its one of those subjects where you can go as deep as you want. Its like a avid gardener (gun enthusiest) vs a trained botanist (ballistic engineer).

I bet your dad has a lot of knowledge of guns/ballistics from just reloading.

Reloading is a hobby and in times like these a necessity. It not that hard to get started loading rounds but as you learn more you start to understand the whys and hows. Its one of those subjects where you can go as deep as you want. Its like a avid gardener (gun enthusiest) vs a trained botanist (ballistic engineer).

I bet your dad has a lot of knowledge of guns/ballistics from just reloading.
Thank You.

He does have knowledge, and was/is meticulous about keeping notes. And I was there when he learned how to reload. I cannot recall that he never let me measure powder or adjust the dies, but I am quite familiar with the process. We basically learned together.

We used to shoot together, of course. Me with my .22 bolt action rifle, Dad with the .38s.

We would put a row of 4-5 tin cans on a hill. Usually a BLM gravel pile or something similar.

He would hit a can, it would roll down the hill.

My job was to hit a rolling tin can on the upper half so it would spin back up the hill. Repeat until we ran out of ammo. Failure meant we had to go reset the cans. I became a pretty good shot!

To be honest, my initial excitement over being able to help Dad by liquidating or buying his gear faded when I realized what it means when Dad starts giving away this type of stuff.

To be honest, my initial excitement over being able to help Dad by liquidating or buying his gear faded when I realized what it means when Dad starts giving away this type of stuff.
My dad taught me to shoot when I was six and my brother eight. He taught me to shoot a 1911A1 (which is in my possession today) and I've been shooting now for 63 years. My dad has been gone now for nine years and I still miss him a great deal, even though his last two years he wasn't really there anymore. No one gets out of here alive, we can only hope we have done something, no matter how small, to make this a better place.

However these days it seems to be a matter of dying before the entire world goes as crazy as our country has become.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top