JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I did note the price of Fiocci 9mm 158-gr. FMJ this morning @ BI-Mart is up to $22/50-rd. Don't need it at that price. I did buy two boxes of CCI Blazer .40 185-gr. FMJ for the same price -- which is not bad at all for that round.

I believe I stated that above, yes.

Though the pace of constitutional change is glacial by design, I do not disagree with your position. But I think the bigger threat is not necesarily an ammended Constitution, but rather constitutional nullification, ie "we your elected representatives find the constitution detrimental to our legislative desires (which is of course the whole point if the Constitution) so we are just goong to ignore it and proceed as if it never existed... oh well until it is politically convenient of course..."

It is a fact that regardless of the high-minded rhetoric in the Constitution, our rights are indeed subject to popular opinion.

What is your proposed solution?

Argumentum ad hominem: I am not the topic of this thread. Nor are you. That said, I am open to considering a superior argument. Based on your statement that "I won't change your mind," you appear less so.

But you raise a good point: In my view, our task as responsible gun owners is to be good stewards of the 2nd Amendment. To me this means going above and beyond the duties of a non-gun-owning citizen. It is our burden, perhaps unfairly so. But what choice do we have? The price of freedom is indeed eternal vigilance.

You win.

Well, I did note the price of Fiocci 9mm 158-gr. FMJ this morning @ BI-Mart is up to $22/50-rd. Don't need it at that price. I did buy two boxes of CCI Blazer .40 185-gr. FMJ for the same price -- which is not bad at all for that round.

It was actually $24.98 per 50 round box, I got a couple this morning....

Well, a business has the freedom to make what they want and or sell it to whom they please. Imagine there were no corporations manufacturing firearms? The constitution still stands but you'd need to build your own? "Bear arms" arms could also be considered a spear it a bow and arrow...knife...whatever :)

Well, a business has the freedom to make what they want and or sell it to whom they please. Imagine there were no corporations manufacturing firearms? The constitution still stands but you'd need to build your own? "Bear arms" arms could also be considered a spear it a bow and arrow...knife...whatever :)
Apparently some people believe the 2nd Amendment means they are entitled to have firearms sold to them by vendors compelled by the state.

Do you truly believe this?

Do you really think that I, or anyone else, would condone forcing a retailer to sell anything to anyone?

Really? If so, why?

If not, why post it?
Did I mention your name in my post?

My rebuttal addresses the position taken by some on this forum that suggests a private party is capable of violating my constitutional rights — it is not. And that the state should compel private parties to change their policies. Specifically, some have argued Oregon's public accommodation law should be used to compel Bi-Mart to change its firearm sales policy, referencing "age" as a protected class in the statutes. If you were one of those people, then yes I am addressing you. If you are not one of those people, then no, I am not addressing you.

Did I mention your name in my post?

My rebuttal addresses the position taken by some on this forum that suggests a private party is capable of violating my constitutional rights — it is not. And that the state should compel private parties to change their policies. Specifically, some have argued Oregon's public accommodation law should be used to compel Bi-Mart to change its firearm sales policy, referencing "age" as a protected class in the statutes. If you were one of those people, then yes I am addressing you. If you are not one of those people, then no, I am not addressing you.
I think you are misunderstanding many of us. We are suggesting that businesses like Bimart can make it more difficult for people to exercise our 2A rights. For example if Dick's lobbies to have anti-gun laws and those laws are passed that makes it more difficult to exercise our 2A rights. If all of the stores quit selling firearms to everybody that would also make it more difficult to exercise our 2A rights. The stores have the right to do those things but that doesn't mean we have to hold them up on a pedestal.

I think you are misunderstanding many of us. We are suggesting that businesses like Bimart can make it more difficult for people to exercise our 2A rights. For example if Dick's lobbies to have anti-gun laws and those laws are passed that makes it more difficult to exercise our 2A rights. If all of the stores quit selling firearms to everybody that would also make it more difficult to exercise our 2A rights. The stores have the right to do those things but that doesn't mean we have to hold them up on a pedestal.
Nothing is stopping you from opening your own gun shop, or even making your own guns (for now anyway FFS). Last I checked there are hundreds of classified ads for firearms right here on this forum. And there are literally tens of thousands of listings on www.armslist.com and www.gunbroker.com. Claiming a retailer "makes it more difficult to exercise your rights" by virtue of their dumb policies is a specious argument, hyperbole not unlike the lesbians who demanded the government guarantee their "right" to a cake in Gresham. NB: I'm not calling you a lesbian, just making the analogy. There were dozens of cake shops more than happy to put two brides on a cake... and there are dozens of gun shops happy to sell a full-on tacticool AR to an 18-yr-old. Heck, a Barrett .50cal!

Reasonable people can disagree, but I believe when we responsible gun owners proffer specious arguments — particularly the statist-leaning — we actually weaken our position rather than strengthening it by lobbing straw men on an already blazing fire. Rational, objective, dispassionate arguments, however, are much harder for the anti-gunners to defeat thus making it harder for them to scare the soccer moms named Karen.

Nothing is stopping you from opening your own gun shop, or even making your own guns (for now anyway FFS). Last I checked there are hundreds of classified ads for firearms right here on this forum. And there are literally tens of thousands of listings on www.armslist.com and www.gunbroker.com. Claiming a retailer "makes it more difficult to exercise your rights" by virtue of their dumb policies is a specious argument, hyperbole not unlike the lesbians who demanded the government guarantee their "right" to a cake in Gresham. NB: I'm not calling you a lesbian, just making the analogy. There were dozens of cake shops more than happy to put two brides on a cake... and there are dozens of gun shops happy to sell a full-on tacticool AR to an 18-yr-old. Heck, a Barrett .50cal!

Reasonable people can disagree, but I believe when we responsible gun owners proffer specious arguments — particularly the statist-leaning — we actually weaken our position rather than strengthening it by lobbing straw men on an already blazing fire. Rational, objective, dispassionate arguments, however, are much harder for the anti-gunners to defeat thus making it harder for them to scare the soccer moms named Karen.
I am just trying to make it clear that we are not saying that Bimart violated our 2A rights only that they weren't making it easier or cheaper for the 18-21 year olds to do so.

As for the cake baker analogy, you can be sure that there are not a bunch of people in the LGBQTYYU movement that are holding that cake shop up on a pedestal because they haven't raised their prices on cakes as much as some of the LGBQTYYU friendly shops.

I am just trying to make it clear that we are not saying that Bimart violated our 2A rights only that they weren't making it easier or cheaper for the 18-21 year olds to do so.
Fair enough. I thought you argued they were complicit in the "erosion" of 2A, however. As I said, reasonable people can disagree.

As for the cake baker analogy, you can be sure that there are not a bunch of people in the LGBQTYYU movement that are holding that cake shop up on a pedestal because they haven't raised their prices on cakes as much as some of the LGBQTYYU friendly shops.
Non sequitur. And for the record, I'm not putting Bi-Mart on a pedestal. I've stated numerous times my objection to their ham-handed appeasement, and my disappointment in their virtue-signaling kowtow to the wokes and the soccer moms named Karen.

Fair enough. I thought you argued they were complicit in the "erosion" of 2A, however. As I said, reasonable people can disagree.

Non sequitur. And for the record, I'm not putting Bi-Mart on a pedestal. I've stated numerous times my objection to their ham-handed appeasement, and my disappointment in their virtue-signaling kowtow to the wokes and the soccer moms named Karen.
They are contributing to the erosion of the 18-21 year olds 2A rights. So is any other group, person or business that believes this age group shouldn't be allowed to purchase firearms. You don't have to violate a persons 2A rights to contribute to eroding them. If I voted for a law that prohibited 18-21 year olds from owning a firearm in Oregon, I wouldn't be violating their rights but I sure would be contributing to the erosion of their rights.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top