JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
that gal lived about 15 minutes from me. That year, the bears were a real problem. Not really the bears fault... The crummy late season and no berries had all sorts of critters acting strange. The bears just started to take advantage of folks' sloppy habits. I had no idea how prolific the lack Bear population was here. Most of the bears are real small, like the ones in the picture you mentioned. But there are plenty that are bigger, a lot bigger. I learned a lot about their habits and how to interecpt them last year. I also learned, never take my wife bear hunting. In fact, never take her hunting at all. I was seeing so many bears, I wanted her to see 'em too. I figured we'd see the same sow and cubs and a couple loner yearling males I'd been seeing... but I took my .308 along anyway. Sure enough, that evening a big old bear ambled through, close enough to touch. Mrs Speelyei didn't want me to shoot it though... probably just as well. It would have been a huge horrible job, and he'd been a garbage bear for seveal months by then anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top