JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Feds: San Francisco pier shooting suspect deported 5 times

Liberal agendas killed this lady................

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A man suspected in the shooting death of a woman at a busy San Francisco tourist destination has seven felony convictions and has been deported five times, most recently in 2009, a federal agency said Friday.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement had turned Francisco Sanchez over to San Francisco police March 26 on an outstanding drug warrant, agency spokeswoman Virginia Kice said.

Officers arrested Francisco Sanchez on about an hour after Wednesday's seemingly random slaying of Kathryn Steinle at Pier 14 — one of the busiest attractions in the city. People gather there to take in the views, joggers exercise, and families push strollers at all hours.

Sanchez was on probation for an unspecified conviction, police Sgt. Michael Andraychak said Thursday.

Kice said ICE issued a detainer for Sanchez in March, requesting to be notified if he was going to be released. The detainer was not honored, she said.

The sheriff's department, which handles detainer requests, planned to release a statement Friday afternoon, spokeswoman Kenya Briggs said.

View gallery
914bd5749cab181d7b0f6a70670095ea.jpg
This undated photo released by the San Francisco Police Department shows Francisco Sanchez. A young …
Steinle was gunned down while out for an evening stroll with her father along the waterfront. Police said witnesses heard no argument or dispute before the shooting, suggesting it was a random attack.

Liz Sullivan told the San Francisco Chronicle (http://bit.ly/1IuWbKw) the killing of her daughter was unbelievable and surreal.

"I don't think I've totally grasped it," Sullivan said.

Andraychak said witnesses snapped photos of Sanchez immediately after the shooting, and the images helped police make the arrest while he was walking on a sidewalk a few blocks away.

Police were still waiting for fingerprint identification on Sanchez, who is believed to be a 45-year-old whose last address was in Texas. Authorities said he does not yet have a lawyer who could be reached for comment.

Sullivan told the Chronicle that her 32-year-old daughter turned to her father after she was shot and said she didn't feel well before collapsing.

"She just kept saying, 'Dad, help me, help me,'" Sullivan said.

Her father immediately began CPR before paramedics rushed the woman to the hospital.

"She fought for her life," Sullivan said.

Steinle went to high school and previously lived about 40 miles east of San Francisco, the newspaper said. She recently moved just blocks from the waterfront and worked for a medical technology company.

___ <broken link removed>

SIGH!!! At least this sort of thing will be impossible in Oregon and Washington thanks to our shiny new nanny laws!;)

So sad for this poor woman and her family!:(

Another senseless tragedy at the hands of a lunatic.
I'm confident that this gentlemen absolutely went through the legal available channels to obtain that firearm. :s0013:

Well, either an FFL or counted on our lovely government to provide him one through the program known as "Fast and Furious". smh

Deported 5 times??? Holy smoke.
What's ICE and Border Patrol doing,...er, not doing that this guy got back into the country so many time.

Someone in the sheriffs department that handles detainer requests should be brought up on accomplis to murder charges, until we start holding those that keep releasing these types of human excrement back into society accountable, and I mean fully and completely accountable, this kind of BS will continue.
It's got to start somewhere

Wow a felon in possession of a fire arm? How could this happen with all the nanny laws we have. I'm willing to bet the gun was stolen. We currently have no laws that deal with background checks on stolen guns. :rolleyes:

Prediction: The Horny Moms and Everytowners will use this as a prime example of the emergency need to confiscate all non-military and non-LE firearms.

They sure did

upload_2015-7-3_23-27-33.png

F###ing dammit. MDA b###hes.

You have no idea how mad this makes me. They somehow find a way to blame "easy access to guns" in one of the most anti-gun cities in the country. To top it all off, this guy 1) is an illegal alien 2) was deported five times 3) had seven prior felony convictions 4) had an ICE retainer but was released anyway because of San Francisco's "sanctuary city "policy.

Someone in the sheriffs department that handles detainer requests should be brought up on accomplis to murder charges, until we start holding those that keep releasing these types of human excrement back into society accountable, and I mean fully and completely accountable, this kind of BS will continue.
It's got to start somewhere

It should start right smack at the source of ALL this foolishness.... at the very top. :mad:

You have no idea how mad this makes me. They somehow find a way to blame "easy access to guns" in one of the most anti-gun cities in the country. To top it all off, this guy 1) is an illegal alien 2) was deported five times 3) had seven prior felony convictions 4) had an ICE retainer but was released anyway because of San Francisco's "sanctuary city "policy.

I hope this guy is in general population and pisses off the wrong dude. That would be some justice.

It should start right smack at the source of ALL this foolishness.... at the very top. :mad:

Their Sheriff down there, Ross Mirkimri, is complicit in their criminal disobedience of federal immigration laws. I hope that the family of that MURDERED woman sues their pants off.

agreed!
I think I read in the full article that the lawyer for the dept stated they had no authority to honor the detainer. WTH???
if that's really true then what are they good for.
are they turning into the CHP? Because the only agenda the CHP has is to generate revenue for the state by issuing as many citations as possible.

By sheer coincidence:

San Francisco pier slaying: Another gun control failure?

While yesterday's big news about the slaying of a woman on a San Francisco pier involved the illegal immigration history of suspect Francisco Sanchez, at some point the conversation should focus on how a man with seven felony convictions got his hands on a firearm in a state with mandatory background checks on all transfers.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top