JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think Andy should juggle teaching special needs department and night time history courses. That way he gets to deal with us, the kids, and privileged college students (nah most of the "privileged" ones take day courses). :rolleyes:

I'm betting the lessons taught by Andy are far more meaningful to those lucky enough to have him, and I bet they get more use out of that too! Just a thought, and what ever they pay teach3rs now days, isn't near enough!

I'm hoping that the bi-mart employees who oppose the new policy will make their voices heard, especially those with influence. Maybe if they hear from enough of us and enough employees then the policy will change. I'm not wishing a loss of employment on anyone. If nothing changes then I wish 2A supporting employees all the best in finding greener pastures.
When I saw the sign in my local store I said the un-abbreviated version of" thats BS" and she said "It is, email the corporate office, we all did."

So here goes, this evening I went to the local Bi-Mart to pick up a box of 303 British ammo, because they are the only place in town that carries it. I had my wife and 20 year old son with me. I went to the Sporting counter, asked for the ammo, I was handed the ammo and placed it in the cart that my son was pushing. I picked up a few more items and headed to the checkout, here's where things get weird. My 20 year old son, pushing the cart goes in the line first, he proceeds to put all the items on the counter, then move down so I could pay, the woman asks my son for his id, he says I'm not buying anything, my dad is. The checker proceeds to tell us that since he put the box of ammo on the counter she has to see his id, and if he's not 21 she can't sell it to us, since he touched the box. She then proceeds to page the manager who backs her up on this. She says I'm not allowed to buy that box ammo because he touched it, but if I walk back to sporting goods, get a different box of ammo and carry it to the counter myself, I could buy that one. I said you're Sheiteing me right? The manager finally relented and sold me the box of ammo, after telling me the OLCC has been doing sting operations in stores lately so they have to be careful, REALLY?? What is wrong with people these days? This PC BS is getting ridiculous.

It would have been fun to tell the manager to call the OLCC.

I think Andy should do what Andy thinks he should do. Don't know the man, never met him, but from the posts and writings of this forum, he's got a place to keep his powder dry and a warm meal to sleep on in my camp.
My post was made in an ironic tone. I know Andy already has enough on his plate with the kids he teaches. And having to deal with us on the forum.

Is it a State Law? Sorry, I was unaware that a State Law has passed.
Or is it a Federal Law that the store is trying to follow? Sorry again, I wasn't aware of a new Federal Law.

I had a Bi Mart counter guy try to pull a variation of this a couple years ago on me. I wonder if it's the same joker.

They had a decent sale an ammo without a posted limit on the coupon. I ask for ten boxes of the stuff to which this guy says theres a three box limit. I say, oh really ? That isn't on your coupon as it usually would be. Guy says...oh it's a State Law, it's out of my hands. I go straight to the store manger and ask for the main customer number at Corporate HQ. I call it and talk to the regional Director.

I tell him that I am a member of a firearms rights organization and needed a citation of this new State law that requires Bi Mart to limit the amount of ammo it can sell to it's customer's... we will be making an appointment at the Governors office to discuss this. The Bi Mart guy says he will look in to it and get back to me.
Two hours later the store manager calls me and offers his apologies for this misunderstanding, then tells me I was welcome to stop by and get as many boxes at the sale price that I wanted. The dipsh!te at the gun counter mysteriously disappeared about three weeks later.

I believe tactics like this are used more often then we are aware of. Kind of like making up an excuse to their customers for something they don't want to do by saying "our insurance carrier won't allow us to do that".

'

Last Edited:
From Wikipedia :

Virtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values done primarily with the intent of enhancing standing within a social group.[1] The term was first used in signalling theory, to describe any behavior that could be used to signal virtue—especially piety among the religious.[2] In recent years, the term has become more commonly used as a pejorative characterization by commentators to criticize what they regard as empty, or superficial support of certain political views, and also used within groups to criticize their own members for valuing outward appearance over substantive action.[3][4]

P

I think Andy should do what Andy thinks he should do. Don't know the man, never met him, but from the posts and writings of this forum, he's got a place to keep his powder dry and a warm meal to sleep on in my camp.

:D

Remembering Mountain Men - Poem by William Stafford
I put my foot in cold water
and hold it there: early mornings
they had to wade through broken ice
to find the traps in the deep channel
with their hands, drag up the chains and
the drowned beaver. The slow current
of the life below tugs at me all day.
When I dream at night, they save a place for me,
no matter how small, somewhere by the fire.

William Stafford

Seen this same BS. OLCC Nazi compulsive state control at Safeway store blocks from my house .
I was standing Right behind waiting my turn, There was Paraplegic in chair with 12 yr.old Daughter as caretaker helping the Wheelchair chair bound customer .
Was behind him and in the 'self-checkout' scan section . And He was 'definitely limited' by physical sitting height and arm reach sitting in the wheelchair to complete the transaction .

OK... with the Safeway employee standing right there in front of him, 6 Ft. away, with arms crossed and staring right at them . watched silently the whole time .

The 12 year old caretaker ..
unloaded his cart and scans the items ( with 1 bottle of Wine ) in the mix of items . She push's Pay and the father hands her a billfold and card debit card up from a pouch in Wheelchair for her to pay for items .
It was like an Ambush by the Safeway employee with her standing right there watching in front of him, says immediately commands 'STOP' I can not sell to you . the ' child touched ' the Wine bottle . I was standing there more dumbfounded and WTF !

He was very calm and articulate and explained that he in a disabled state and she is helping me in my duties because he can not, and I don't let my children drink Wine . she/ Safeway employee was just a sour and crass .
I never witness such a display of robotic mindless, state control in my life . I just dropped my items on the spot and walked by her/safeway employee, looked her in the eye's and said ..." your a F***ing A**hole ". . and I left the store .

Seen this same BS. OLCC Nazi compulsive state control at Safeway store blocks from my house .
I was standing Right behind waiting my turn, There was Paraplegic in chair with 12 yr.old Daughter as caretaker helping the Wheelchair chair bound customer .
Was behind him and in the 'self-checkout' scan section . And He was 'definitely limited' by physical sitting height and arm reach sitting in the wheelchair to complete the transaction .

OK... with the Safeway employee standing right there in front of him, 6 Ft. away, with arms crossed and staring right at them . watched silently the whole time .

The 12 year old caretaker ..
unloaded his cart and scans the items ( with 1 bottle of Wine ) in the mix of items . She push's Pay and the father hands her a billfold and card debit card up from a pouch in Wheelchair for her to pay for items .
It was like an Ambush by the Safeway employee with her standing right there watching in front of him, says immediately commands 'STOP' I can not sell to you . the ' child touched ' the Wine bottle . I was standing there more dumbfounded and WTF !

He was very calm and articulate and explained that he in a disabled state and she is helping me in my duties because he can not, and I don't let my children drink Wine . she/ Safeway employee was just a sour and crass .
I never witness such a display of robotic mindless, state control in my life . I just dropped my items on the spot and walked by her/safeway employee, looked her in the eye's and said ..." your a F***ing A**hole ". . and I left the store .

Coming soon to every aspect of your life if we keep electing big government politicians. Just wait until you exceed your quota of TP or red meat or buy too much soda.

Note to Bimart . . .

The recent change in store policies regarding firearms and ammunition that are not in keeping with state or federal law are not acceptable. It appears that as a result of recent national events labeled as mass shootings, a knee jerk reaction has been executed by Bi Mart to change policies that result in a poor customer experience while providing no understandable actions toward addressing the problems leading to mass shootings.

I request that you return store policies to what that had been prior to the national events occurring.
For 36 years I have referred to Bi Mart as "My Beloved Bi Mart". It has been my store of choice because if aligns very well with my consumer needs. If the current policies concerning firearms and ammunition continue, my loyalty as a customer will be reconsidered.

Had a similar insane confrontation when buying ammo at Walmart. Picked out some ammo at the sporting counter, paid for it there, then as it was being bagged, I realized one box was the wrong type. While still at the counter, I asked the sales person to exchange the ammo for the correct type. He said he couldn't do it, and that I would have to go to the exchange counter. So, I went right to the exchange counter where they told me that under Federal Law they could not take the ammo back. After going back and forth with the manager for a full fifteen minutes, she finally relented and gave me a voucher for the cost of the ammo. They still would not take it back. I left the store feeling like a criminal, which is what I think they wanted me to feel like.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top