JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So here goes, this evening I went to the local Bi-Mart to pick up a box of 303 British ammo, because they are the only place in town that carries it. I had my wife and 20 year old son with me. I went to the Sporting counter, asked for the ammo, I was handed the ammo and placed it in the cart that my son was pushing. I picked up a few more items and headed to the checkout, here's where things get weird. My 20 year old son, pushing the cart goes in the line first, he proceeds to put all the items on the counter, then move down so I could pay, the woman asks my son for his id, he says I'm not buying anything, my dad is. The checker proceeds to tell us that since he put the box of ammo on the counter she has to see his id, and if he's not 21 she can't sell it to us, since he touched the box. She then proceeds to page the manager who backs her up on this. She says I'm not allowed to buy that box ammo because he touched it, but if I walk back to sporting goods, get a different box of ammo and carry it to the counter myself, I could buy that one. I said you're Sheiteing me right? The manager finally relented and sold me the box of ammo, after telling me the OLCC has been doing sting operations in stores lately so they have to be careful, REALLY?? What is wrong with people these days? This PC BS is getting ridiculous.

OLCC = who?

Is it a State Law? Sorry, I was unaware that a State Law has passed.

Or is it a Federal Law that the store is trying to follow? Sorry again, I wasn't aware of a new Federal Law.

Then.....
Not to mention, the amount of STUPID involved (by Bi-Mart) about your son "touching" the ammo.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....I was at Bi-Mart and wanted to hand a firearm over to my son to see if he was "comfortable with it." So, I was about to hand it over to him......when I was stopped by the employee. He said that it was a FEDERAL LAW that I couldn't do that in the store.

I don't think so (LAW) but.......whatever........it's your store. And loss sale.

Last Edited:
Puppets, being told what to say by even dumber puppet managers. You were fed a line of BS. Period.

And honestly, 303 British? Yeah, don't think that's used much in evil black "assault rifles". So there's that arguing point ground up into dog meat too.

Call the BBB.

Puppets, being told what to say by even dumber puppet managers. You were fed a line of BS. Period.

And honestly, 303 British? Yeah, don't think that's used much in evil black "assault rifles". So there's that arguing point ground up into dog meat too.

Call the BBB.
If you paint it black its an evil black assault weapon, and if you put a black scope on it its an evil black sniper assault weapon. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'd just say F it and just buy online at this point if there's no other local shop that carries the ammo.

I would send my son in with a note from me next time.
Id also get him exact change and tell him if they wont take the money just leave the money and come to the car with the ammo. They cant say he didnt pay and legally cant ask for ID on a item
thats not actually regulated by the state.
Just like when greeters at walmart want to check my receipt I tell them to screw off and I leave with the items I paid for.
Bimart is a great store besides the ammo and firearm BS currently. Walmart is fun too people watch.

What the hell does Oregon Liquor Control have to do with ammunition?

Nothing, just muppets being told what to say. I like that some goofball manager decided that OLCC and the BATFE are somehow in cahoots on the 21 and over thing. :rolleyes:

Sorry, Bi-Mart. I tried to still like you. But now, it's over. I just tossed my yellow card in the trash.

So here goes, this evening I went to the local Bi-Mart to pick up a box of 303 British ammo, because they are the only place in town that carries it. I had my wife and 20 year old son with me. I went to the Sporting counter, asked for the ammo, I was handed the ammo and placed it in the cart that my son was pushing. I picked up a few more items and headed to the checkout, here's where things get weird. My 20 year old son, pushing the cart goes in the line first, he proceeds to put all the items on the counter, then move down so I could pay, the woman asks my son for his id, he says I'm not buying anything, my dad is. The checker proceeds to tell us that since he put the box of ammo on the counter she has to see his id, and if he's not 21 she can't sell it to us, since he touched the box. She then proceeds to page the manager who backs her up on this. She says I'm not allowed to buy that box ammo because he touched it, but if I walk back to sporting goods, get a different box of ammo and carry it to the counter myself, I could buy that one. I said you're Sheiteing me right? The manager finally relented and sold me the box of ammo, after telling me the OLCC has been doing sting operations in stores lately so they have to be careful, REALLY?? What is wrong with people these days? This PC BS is getting ridiculous.
Didn't know OLCC had jurisdiction over ammo sales and self imposed righteousness...

Honestly, if you had ammo you bought from them before, it would have been the greatest irony to have used it to shoot the card. o_O

Good point. But I haven't bought ammo from them in quite a while. It's too bad, because they do have some really great employees. Those are who I feel bad for.

Good point. But I haven't bought ammo from them in quite a while. It's too bad, because they do have some really great employees. Those are who I feel bad for.
Always how it goes... Mother works at Wal Mart, I know some decent folk over at Wal Mart from when I would shop for ammo and bait there. But ever since they upped the age to 21, I made it a point to go everywhere else. Except for hunting and fishing license, cause they're the only store within an hour of me that sells that (so no choice).

So, I guess this means I would never be able to buy ammo at Bi-mart again. After all our kids are under 21 (2 1/2 & 4 1/2), don't have ID, they touch everything in the cart and they help Mommy put everything on the counter to check out.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews