JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Every Black Friday I make it a point to order a years worth of bullets because the prices are the best of the year (10+% off and free shipping). So on Nov 24th I placed my annual order.
Part 2 - Every Christmas I drive to Montana and spend a week with family.
Because of the size of the order I emailed Xtreme the following:

Hi folks, I ordered bullets on 11/24 (#233932) and I realize you had allot of orders so no pressure!
I'm leaving town for 10 days on 12/22 so I'm asking that you either ship soon or hold off shipping the order until after the 1st of the year. Tis the season that packages grow feet on doorsteps and this old retired guy needs to be around to chase them ;-)
Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Their response was:

Hello,
I am sorry but we do not have a way of holding orders they go out for delivery in the order they were placed
Thank you
Natasha A
The Freedom Munitions Team

Then I get another telling me:

Hello Mr xxxx.
Since the order has not shipped we are able to cancel it and you can place an order when you are back in town to receive it.

So they will gladly sell me bullets at FULL price...
Since I order bullets every year I figured that I would run the risk of the order growing feet while I'm gone. I told them I would contest the charge on my CC if I don't get them considering they had every opportunity to insure I would receive my order...

Is it me or is this just bad customer service? :mad::mad:

You leave out the crucial info here. How many did you order.

If it is a significant amount of money I would say it would be harder to believe they would not work with you. At the same time if it is an abnormally large order for them they may look to process it as fast as possible. Or the 3rd opinion is the size of your order did not make any money for them and they are not looking to process it any more than they have to.

Hard to say on customer service. Online sales are pretty hectic, I am not sure it is the sellers fault that the person making the order can not be available for delivery. Some sellers have this written into their order details or fine print. So many things are out of their hands the moment it hits the shipper so it only makes sense to state they are limited in what they are able to do.

You may have better results getting ahold of the shipper and asking them to hold the item for you.

From what I read you want your cake (the best price) and to eat it (have them do the job for you) when you want to. I think you are trying to blame the company for your lack of proper scheduling. If you really are worried about the package growing legs there are several things you can do. Have it held but the shipper which might cost something. Have the package delivered to a friend. I can think of others but I don't want to waste space here. You can always adjust your schedule for travel and wait for the package. You say your retired so you schedule can be changed. You only order once a year so I don't see why the company should make any special arrangements just for you.

You leave out the crucial info here. How many did you order.

If it is a significant amount of money I would say it would be harder to believe they would not work with you. At the same time if it is an abnormally large order for them they may look to process it as fast as possible. Or the 3rd opinion is the size of your order did not make any money for them and they are not looking to process it any more than they have to.

Hard to say on customer service. Online sales are pretty hectic, I am not sure it is the sellers fault that the person making the order can not be available for delivery. Some sellers have this written into their order details or fine print. So many things are out of their hands the moment it hits the shipper so it only makes sense to state they are limited in what they are able to do.

You may have better results getting ahold of the shipper and asking them to hold the item for you.

6K 9MM, 3K 45acp, 500 .44 mag and 500 .357 and this is a small order for me. Ya never know how they are going to ship them. I've received them from USPS and FedEx.
Cake and eat it too? So what is a reasonable amount of time to ship? 3 weeks is too soon to expect them even though the past 5 years I've had them in 2 weeks? I'm not asking them to hurry, I'm more than open for them to ship them next year. I don't believe I'm being unreasonable at all!
As for changing my Schedule, Christmas is and always has been the 25th of December ;)

6K 9MM, 3K 45acp, 500 .44 mag and 500 .357 and this is a small order for me. Ya never know how they are going to ship them. I've received them from USPS and FedEx.
Cake and eat it too? So what is a reasonable amount of time to ship? 3 weeks is too soon to expect them even though the past 5 years I've had them in 2 weeks? I'm not asking them to hurry, I'm more than open for them to ship them next year. I don't believe I'm being unreasonable at all!
As for changing my Schedule, Christmas is and always has been the 25th of December ;)
Ya, that is a pretty decent order.

I've worked logistics before, this time of the year is pretty nuts. Your still a customer yes, but all of a sudden your one of millions due to Christmas and Black Friday sales. Even a shipper around this time will likely give you a runaround because of the sheer volume of boxes out and about right now.

I would call back, see if they can at least change the shipping address to a neighbor or friend. Or ask if you can get the tracking number and call the shipper. If it is Fedex or UPS, you should be able to have them put a hold on it and pick it up when your available. I've had a box shipped to a UPS store once as we were out of town, they hold packages for a fee.

Ship them to Montana and Lucille Ball them back home..

The+Long,+Long+Trailer+1953+6.jpg

I would cancel and order from Rocky Mountain reloading. Not because of what you or they said, but because RMR will likely have the same bullets at better prices. Rmrbullets.com

Another option is American reloading. I think they are in Bozeman, or just outside of Bozeman, and you can just pick them up if you are in the area. They have free shipping too but their inventory can fluctuate quite a bit.

It seems like a lot to ask of a company that's in the full throws of the mail order season. They not only don't have a way to save the order, they don't want to lose track of it....With it ending up somewhere in a corner of the building with nobody knowing what it is or where it belongs and an angry customer wondering where their order is.

What part of Montana you going to? You could swing right in to "The Montana Gold" bullet factory in Kalispell, and get ya' some bullets?

230+ pounds of freight is going to be coming by truck and unless you have a written promise of a delivery date I'd have to say you really don't have anything to complain about.:):):)

Xtreme has a new factory in Lewiston and then there is one further south... perhaps the reason for the different shipping methods. They ship thousands of bullets everyday to locations all over the U.S.. Imagine calling Cabela's and asking them to postpone an order or to ship it on a certain date... not gonna happen. Cabela's will likely tell you to cancel and re-order when you are available to accept delivery.

Re: contesting the charge... I don't think you will win that one since once it has left the factory, the shipper is in charge of it, once it is delivered to a location, the receiver is responsible for it.

I have always had good transactions with Xtreme, and many poor transactions with unreasonable customers of my own. Seems like a case of PPP to me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top