JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Appearance: As per usual these bullets are almost shiny enough to see your reflection! That said, I was REALLY disappointed that almost all of my 1,500 bullets at a very distinct tooling mark (a ring) around the tip the of bullet.

Bullet Shape: This is a unique bullet shape. It is about 7-8 hundreds of an inch shorter than a Lake City M80 bullet. This really only matters on two accounts: 1) Being a shorter bullet with the same weight, it has a lower BC than the Lake City M80 round. I was told by customer service that it was .398 (as compared to .456 of the M80). 2) If you usually load to a COAL of 2.80" (for 308) then you may need to shorten your round a bit. I loaded my 308 to 2.790" and the bullets were hitting the lands of the barrel just from chambering. Neither of the two items listed about bullet shape are bad by any means, but they are just worth noting before purchasing.

Accuracy: Only positive things to say here! I loaded these with 44.0gr of WC 846 in Lake City Brass and CCI 34 Primers. Using a 20" PA10, I fired one 5 round group at 300 yards and landed a 3.25" group (my Lake City M80 was somewhere in the 7-8" group). I have to say that it pretty amazing to use a budget rifle, with military brass, power, and primers, and an inexpensive bullet and still shoot an MOA at 300 yards.

All in all these are a great bullet and I would definitely recommend (with the caveat that you may receive rings around the tip of your bullet).

Last Edited:
Just to elaborate on the bullet shape:

Previously I had taken a pulled LC M80 Bullet and measured it against an Xtreme bullet. The Factory Lake City bullet came in at 1.1130" while the Xtreme Bullet came in at 1.0390" for a difference of 0.0740".

The Bullet Base to Ogive was very close. The Pullet Lake City Bullet measured .5000" while the Xtreme bullet measured .5075".

Tonight I took a factory Lake City (21) 7.62x51 round and used it as my baseline. The COAL was 2.7885" and had a Cartridge Base to Ogive of 2.1820". I played around with my bullet seating die until I could duplicate the exact Cartridge Base to Ogive using the Xtreme bullet and got a COAL of 2.7065". That is a difference of 0.0820".

Moral of the story is that you really should measure from the Ogive when using this bullet. If you try to reach a certain COAL you may find yourself way deeper into the lands of your rifle that you want.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top