Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Xmas Valley rabbit/Coyote hunting

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Workerbee33, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Workerbee33

Workerbee33 Active Member

I'm heading over to Xmas Valley for the new years. I was wondering if anybody has a report on Coyote or rabbit hunting in the area.
    We have property on old lake Rd and will be staying there and hunting towards summer lake. Any reports would be greatly appreciated!

2. flashpan

flashpan Beaverton Active Member

I talked with the farmer there who owns several of the pivot fields about 2 weeks ago. He said the rabbits were all over. We were going to go last weekend but its been nasty cold over there lately...like 5 above zero. Send me a conversation .... we can maybe talk on a call. Good luck

3. Workerbee33

Not to worried about the cold as long as I can make it over the pass without having to chain up my trailer. I hate putting on chains...im really itching to put some rounds thru my 204

Certaindeaf likes this.
  4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Don't forget a handgun. 50 yard bunnies with a pistol are funner than 200 yard bunnies with a rifle!

5. Workerbee33

I always take my 9mm, lately I find a lot of enjoyment shooting them with my 22/410 when we have close encounters