JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a few questions for some of you out there who may have handled any one of these two guns... I have VERY small hands, I am a dwarf.... what I want to know is which is smaller and also which is better?? I want for conceal carry... Which is gonna have more recoil? I know the XDS is a 45 and the PPS is a 9mm or 40S&W Like I say I want to use it for conceal carry and as added home defense.. I also carry during Archery season for added protection against a hungry mountain lion / bear...
any insight would be appreciative.
Thanks

you really need to go out and hold both pistols, you are the only one the knows how they feel in your hand.
as far a recoil the 40 will give you the most snap when you fire it the 9 will be the least, the 45 will give you a good push but not the snap like the 40. hold them and find the one that fits your hand the best.

you really need to go out and hold both pistols, you are the only one the knows how they feel in your hand.
as far a recoil the 40 will give you the most snap when you fire it the 9 will be the least, the 45 will give you a good push but not the snap like the 40. hold them and find the one that fits your hand the best.

I have the Kahr cm40 but geez.. I can handle it but I seem to always shoot low with it and it ain't no use to me if I can't hit what I'm aimin at... I have held the PPS and it the Kahr feels better in my hands but I heard the xds is supposed to be really nice..idk..

I currently have a Glock 23 for conceal and had the chance to hold the XDS yesterday and really love it, so much that I put the glock on the market , bus as everyone will say its all about preference and what fits you. It needs to be what's best for you

I have a few questions for some of you out there who may have handled any one of these two guns... I have VERY small hands, I am a dwarf.... what I want to know is which is smaller and also which is better?? I want for conceal carry... Which is gonna have more recoil? I know the XDS is a 45 and the PPS is a 9mm or 40S&W Like I say I want to use it for conceal carry and as added home defense.. I also carry during Archery season for added protection against a hungry mountain lion / bear...
any insight would be appreciative.
Thanks

Another great pistol you mat want to consider is the Walther PK380. It is light-weight, comfortable and a fantastic shooter.

I've owned most makes of guns at this point, and I'd have to say the smallest grip and shortest reach to the trigger that I've experienced are the Kahr models -- its the only gun I've actually sold because I found the grip and trigger reach to be too small for me. They were 100% reliable and plenty accurate, although I will say the take-down for cleaning on my K40 Elite was a PITA.

I have an XDS and really like it. My wife liked it so much she traded in her Diamondback DB380 for one of her own. Great shooting small pistol and in a great caliber.

hker71

I had a PPS in .40. It was very snappy. I had some issues with it not wanting to go to full battery and some feed issues. I think it would have been better in 9mm. The flat-nosed .40 did NOT like the feed ramp design. It is also hard to find holsters for. But I did like it and it was very accurate. I am awaiting the XD-S in 9mm.

I'm trying to find someone who wants to trade an XDs 45 for my M&P40c.

By the way, have you tried holding an M&P Compact? They have a choice of 3 backstraps, including a small, and it isn't a large grip, at least I don't think so and I think I have small to medium hands.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top