JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur."

Just left NW Armory and read the recall bulletin for the xds. If you have one, stop using it until you find out if it affects you. The jist of it is racking one in the pipe could cause an ND!! Just sayin.

I didnt want to do this but its driving me nuts, sorry... This would be an AD. (Unless muzzle was pointed in wrong direction, then Id say negligence)

".....an accidental discharge is the result of a mechanical malfunction. Something is physically wrong with the weapon, specifically, one or more of its internal components."

"....a negligent discharge is the result of a shooter malfunction. Either the person holding/carrying the weapon was not trained in the safe handling of firearms, or the person knowingly ignored said training for some reason. Any external influence that causes the firearm to discharge also falls under the category of negligent discharges. This includes, but is not limited to, allowing the thumb strap of certain holsters to enter the trigger guard of a pistol while reholstering."

Just sayin.....

I think wrapping it well and enclosing in a flat rate USPS box will work. I'm going to tape address labels to mine to be sure. FWIW hammer-fired pistols can malf too, so it is what it is. I've nearly 1,000 trouble-free rounds thru my 9 but why tempt fate?

The original case is overkill to ship it back in, but if you use it I'd still put it in a box with some surrounding foam. The FedEx pee-ons are going to be nervous enough about handling a plain box with a gun inside in the first place.
The gun case is too much advertising.

If you have one of those pistol socks put in in that, wrap it with a rubber band. Or any nylon carry bag.

Put a chamber flag in it. Ship ONLY the pistol, no mags, etc. Just surround it with enough packing in a small box to hold the pistol itself. They seem to be pretty particular about you cleaning the gun first.

If you own an XDS there is no reason to not send it in for the recall. Selling it down the road w/o proof of the recall work done could be dicey. Well, I guess if it is your only pistol and WWIII is starting this weekend you might skip it for a while ....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top