JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an xds .45 which has been through the recall process. When I first acquired it I noticed problems with racking certain hollow point rounds through it. I had no problem on the range with target 185 gr ammo. I tried some 230 ball ammo and gun jammed. So now I have a handgun jammed with a live round in or partially in the chamber and the gun is locked up solid. Sounds pretty stupid right?

Any thoughts on how to deal with this? How to unjam it without a discharge? Never had a problem like this with my Sig.

Your helpful suggestions will be appreciated.

TIA

I found a YouTube video of a guy's method of dealing with a similar jam. I am going to try this and will be using some safeguards mentioned above. Will report back. Thanks for the suggestions.

I had a similar issue with a post recall XDS. I had to drop the mag and then forcefully rack the slide. It only happened a couple times and seemed to be specific ammo related. Be careful and keep it pointed in a safe direction....

I had a similar issue with a post recall XDS. I had to drop the mag and then forcefully rack the slide. It only happened a couple times and seemed to be specific ammo related. Be careful and keep it pointed in a safe direction....
The Video I found show a person forcing the slide back, as you said, using a soft piece of wood locked against the rear sight. I cannot force it at all now. I am going yo give this technique a try.

Also found this link: http://xd-hs2000.com/xd-hs2000/Removing_a_Stuck_Round.html

Thanks

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads