JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a XDM40. Wanted to shoot it with my father, and the flat nose, and hollow points I have to shoot kept jamming on the ramp into the chamber. Or I think it was the ramps issue. The slide would not fully seat with a round from the magazine, sticking out just a 1/8" or so. I can put a single round into the chamber and it slams forward as should. but feeding from the mag is no go. My son mentioned other XDM users have this issue. The ramp looks steep to me, but who am I to judge. Any suggestions??? Pull the barrel out and polish it, will that help or interfere.

Hmmm. Sorry to hear that. I have the XD 40 (not XDM)---never, ever had a problem. I was not aware of a recurring problem with XDMs. Personally, I wouldn't try to polish and solve. If this is a recurrent problem with these models, then off to the factory mine would go, with a sharply worded letter. Let us know what you do.

sorry for being vacant from the topic, full days at work through the weekend for me....

PDRAKE. yes I was thinking of polishing the ramp.

JOHN. exactly, the slide is barely held open. They are some reloads I use from Tactical ammo. I have no issue with them in my Glock 40.

SKANG thanks for the idea. they might even have some tips

I do have some factory loads I didnt have with me the day of the shoot. I will try that.

thx
jim

PDRAKE. yes I was thinking of polishing the ramp.

JOHN. exactly, the slide is barely held open. They are some reloads I use from Tactical ammo. I have no issue with them in my Glock 40.

Well if the round is already in the chamber, I wouldn't think it would be a ramp issue..

Is the exactor hooked around the brass lip when this happens, or is it sitting behind the round??

I have a pile of "factory reloads" that don't feed well in my xd40. It'll do exactly what you are describing getting stuck at the feed ramp. After it jams if I grab the slide and relieve some of the pressure on the round then release the slide the round will chamber. It only does it with the reloads, and then seems to feed fine when it gets down to around 5 to 7 rounds in the magazine. Factory new rounds feed just fine, I have not had one FTF with factory new rounds.

Hey Joken thanks for your input, I have had 2 guns do this, one was new never been shot. I looked more closely at the ammo. there is a small bulge at the base, or primer end that seems to show up on about every 5th round I grab out of a "reloaded" can. It seems the bulge is blocking full shell insertion into the barrel. The funny part is my glock shoots them just fine. Glock must be looser barrel fit.

And shoot it one handed and see if that makes a difference, I think I have been using a incorrect two hand hold on my Para causing similar problems I'll find out soon .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top