JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My understanding is that the frame for the .40 is heavier/proof tested for the .40 round and can easily handle the 9mm, but not vice versa. You might try writing springfield?

You might want to check with these guys:

StormLake | Springfield Model Information

I did the .40 to 9mm conversion using their barrel on an M&P. The barrels look to be identical as far as fit goes; the 9mm just has a smaller bore. The .40 and 9mm mags are almost interchangeable, but not quite.

I had both a 9 and a 40 M&P and sold the 9 to make room in the safe. Before I did the conversion and sold the 9 I compared both guns as well as I could with the tools I have. Both looked to be the same in every respect, except for the fact that the 9mm barrel had been bored slightly smaller. The recoil springs were even the same weight according to Smith. Of course this does not mean that Sprinfield's guns are the same, but it's a pretty good bet. It's also a pretty good bet that at some time in a sales meeting the reps were told to discourage these conversions...................even if............

Last Edited:
The way the slide is machined the 40 barrel it will convert to nine but not 40 to nine. I have both 9mm and 40 S@W XD and they are exactly the same except what makes specific the caliber parts.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top