JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Debating on replacing my glock 23 with either a xd9sc or a new m&p shield. Have read hundreds of reviews on both and still cant decide. Xd has very few bad reviews and shield hasnt had many either. The main reason for wanting to replace my Glock is for something a little smaller while the xdsc seems the same thickness just a little shorter...

I could really use some educated advice on choosing.

Thanx in advance

I was looking at the xd9sc for concealed carry as well but was too thick (especially the slide) for me to carry IWB. I wanted something that was so easy to conceal that I nearly forgot about it in the waist band. xd9sc is a great gun to shoot! It's really comfortable. I have yet to shoot the m&p shield but I'm kind of interested in trading in my kahr for 1. I looked at reviews for both guns as well and everybody seems to be very happy with both pistols with little complaints. You should go to your local gun store and fiddle around with both. Try putting both guns IWB or OWB or however you intend to carry it and see how it feels.

The XDsc will be bigger & bulkier IWB than your Glock 23, for that matter a Glock 26/27 would be much smaller.

Out of your choices I chose the Shield, it is truly a wonderful gun to shoot and carry.:s0155:

If you can handle the weight and the thickness of the XD, I'd go with the XD. I'm not slamming the MP but the XD has been around longer and personally it looks better. Yeah I guess the MP has an improved trigger but the XD trigger is pretty sweet out of the box.

I'm leaning towards the shield be ause of the size but there is a waiting list at every store i called and im stuck on the coast so its not like i can just run to NW Armory if they got one in :huh:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top