JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had about 3 XD's, first one was the HS2000 9mm. I had it for a short while but they were new then, it was cheap, 299. That was in 2000, I sold it because I did not like the mags, the spring wore out super fast and getting additional mags were then hard. Couple years later I got the Springfield XD .45 ACP. Same gun, same feel and I liked the idea of Springfield owning them. Then I had failures to eject after about 2 months and 50 rounds. Sent it to Springfield and because the were made in Albania, they had a heck of a time replacing the ejector. 3 months later i got it back, sold it for a 1911. Couple things i never liked about the XD was the balance weight, I feel that they are a bit nose heavy, and I feel they are not consistantly accurate. Just my opionion. when I went back to get another 9mm again 2 years ago, I bought an XDM 9mm. I thought the match barrel and better trigger would be good. A year later, I sold it. I did think the gun was more accurate, but i did not care for the trigger, and i did not care for the brand new mags that rattled. 3 of my 4 had a rattle when full. So I don't think I would buy another again. 3 chances and i am good. FNH is now my new favorite. Glocks, are Glocks, I have one, I like it, not my favorite plastic gun.
Also, please someone comment about grammer and lack of paragraphs so i can make fun of you for doing so.

If you're going with a Springfield the XDM's are the way to go. They have better triggers, better feel in hand and match grade barrels. The feed ramp on my XDM 40 looks like liquid metal, so smooth & have not had a problem with FTF FTE's after 500 rounds. That's gotta say something!!!

Out of all of the xd/xdms I have owned the only failure I can remember was 1 failure to go into full battery on my xd45.Other then that I feel they are a great gun for the money,I just wish they had as good of aftermarket support like glock does.Springer precision and Powder river precision have some pretty nice aftermarket mods for them.

I like the XD's alright... But not even in the same catagory as my browning or beretta. I wish they had a good S/A trigger. They don't feel much better than a S&W sigma to me. Although every one I have had has been dead reliable.

I also prefer the XDM to the XD. The XDM I've got has been perfectly reliable and very accurate for several thousand rounds. It was no worse for wear after getting a bath when I fell into a creek. I bought it because Springfield was giving away 3 extra mags at the time.

My first firearm period was a XD-9 service model. I have around 500 thru it is about a years time. Only issue I have ever had with it was with some light strikes with the cheap tula ammo from walmart. Even then just one round would do it per box of 50. I will say I am really thinking of upgrading to the m&p9 once all this current craze calms down a but. That is only due to picking up a m&p22 that feels great. I d plan on keeping the xd even if I get the m&p, make it my trunk gun/get home gun.

My first firearm period was a XD-9 service model. I have around 500 thru it is about a years time. Only issue I have ever had with it was with some light strikes with the cheap tula ammo from walmart. Even then just one round would do it per box of 50. I will say I am really thinking of upgrading to the m&p9 once all this current craze calms down a but. That is only due to picking up a m&p22 that feels great. I d plan on keeping the xd even if I get the m&p, make it my trunk gun/get home gun.

You might want to give the XDm a try first. Big difference. I went from the service XD to it and now look like I know what I am doing when I shoot, almost.;)

XD/XDm pistols, M&Ps, Glocks, Walther service models... You can't go wrong with any of these. They're all reliable, durable, and easy to shoot accurately.

I'm a Walther PPQ & P99 fanboy at heart, and I carry a Glock every day, but I will never question anyone who prefers one of the others.

I really wish there was a gun shop here in the Portland area that would rent guns to you so you can test drive it prior to buying. I have posted about this before but when your spending 400 and up for a pcs of metal, i wanna make sure its the right gun for me. This would totally give the orignal poster a better understanding of the XD than a bunch of us saying one thing, and someone countering it. If i only had the money.....

I really wish there was a gun shop here in the Portland area that would rent guns to you so you can test drive it prior to buying. I have posted about this before but when your spending 400 and up for a pcs of metal, i wanna make sure its the right gun for me. This would totally give the orignal poster a better understanding of the XD than a bunch of us saying one thing, and someone countering it. If i only had the money.....
Each of these ranges have rentals. Not sure if Clackamas has an XD though.
Clark County Gun Club - CCGC Gun & Accessory Rental Program
Public Safety Training Center & Indoor Shooting Range

<broken link removed> .

Been goin there since I was a kid.. Be aware most ranges have special rules if you go to a range alone and rent a firearm without bringing your own. Read the rules BEFORE you head to any range..

GL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Glocks are great guns.. but I wouldn't buy one.

I have an XD 5" in .45 and a XDsc in 9mm
Why? They just fit my hand better.
Would I sell/trade em? No, because I hit with both of them.. quite well.

I have shot XDm's they are cool.. but I don't see the need to buy/swap/upgrade/downgrade I just shoot what I got.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top