JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am NOT trying to step into poo as I have never owned or have I ever shot a Springfield XD. However there always seems to be a ton of people trying to dump them in hand gun forum and looking for Glocks. so I'm just curious from any informed owners what the scoop is.

I prefer XD/XDM over a Glock. Just feels better in my hand. The problem main issue with brand new ones is the trigger is stiff, and needs to be worked in a bit.

But to each his own.

The Trigger is a little stiff, and the reset almost requires a full release of the trigger. Those two things bug people who want the quick and dirty Glock.

The XDM does improve both of these, but not enough for some people. The feel, balance and overall modeling of the XDM seems like a better quality firearm to me.

I will also make a complaint about how they designate the models, but that is a nomenclature issue more than anything.

They seem to have a wider color selection, if you purchase one new they come with all sorts of nice little goodies.

OK, enough XDM fan boy out of me.

Some people (especially those used to American guns) like the grip angle on the XD which is more upright like a 1911, compared to the more raked european angle on the Glock. Give a 1911 shooter a glock and he will probably be aiming over the top of the target at first with his natural grip, and vise versa for a glock shooter shooting low if you hand him a 1911. It doesn't take long to adjust, it's just a little different at first.

Personal preference, like said above. I like the feel of an XD better than Glock. I am not married to one brand over another it all starts with feel, and then go shoot it. Recently shot a Ruger LC9, loved the way it felt in my hand, once I pulled the trigger it was a different story. With that said, like myself I think some XD owners are looking to upgrade to the XDs.

I like the XDm .45, it fits my hand, and I shoot well with it.

There is only one Glock that I like, and that is the 10mm one.

With all of that said, I like the M&P best of all the polymer guns.

A lot of it will come down to what YOU like or do not like.

The xdm has been a great handgun for me, I really love it and don't have a single gripe about it. That being said, I'm looking to offload mine because I have always wanted a 1911 and talked myself into a "more practical gun" I won't be happy til I buy my 1911.

I am NOT trying to step into poo as I have never owned or have I ever shot a Springfield XD. However there always seems to be a ton of people trying to dump them in hand gun forum and looking for Glocks. so I'm just curious from any informed owners what the scoop is.

It's pretty simple, all the guys who dumped their Glocks and got XD's are board again. I swear a few months ago there was the EXACT same thread about Glocks.

To me, Glocks have better triggers, XD's have better ergonomics and factory sights. XD's are fine pistols - I've owned 5 of 'em over the years. They offer some features Glocks lack - and Glock does some things better than the Croatians do. Pick your preference, they're both great guns. For defensive use, I've left both behind in favor the Smith & Wesson M&P line. They have better ergos than a Glock, better trigger than an XD, and great irons that don't need replaced unless you really have to have night sights. I don't need night sights, so I'm leaving the factory sights alone.

My wife likes the XD, so we'll be adding a 9mm XD sub comp again to the safe sometime in the future.

I think its just a matter of preference,both have their pro's and con's but they are both weapons I feel you can trust your life on or I wouldnt own a couple of each.

I too love both. Have an XDm 9 for a service pistol and a G23 for one of my carry guns. Both accurate and reliable and I wouldn't trade either of them. I do feel more comfortable shooting the XDm, but I have shot it a lot more than an Glock. But I have to admit, I've always shot a Glock very well even though they don't feel the greatest to me.

It's pretty simple, all the guys who dumped their Glocks and got XD's are board again. I swear a few months ago there was the EXACT same thread about Glocks.

This is probably the closest answer to truth. I would love to change back and forth but now you can't just go down and buy mags at every store.
And I always need lots of mags! (main reason I do Glocks over Sigs and H&Ks lol)
I have done trades all three ways,glock to m&p or XDs and so forth.
I just gravitate back to blocks

And XDs are every bit as ugly as Glocks,but M&Ps do kinda,just kinda,look nice.But Smiths have always tried to look sexiest.

Reliable, accurate, rugged, fairly priced, widely available, good trigger....and nicer looking than a Block, I mean Glock.

Yep. I started with the service XD9 years ago, then traded up to the Xdm9 and added a powder river precision trigger, awesome. Now I have the XDM 5.25 competition in .45acp on order, can't wait.

They perform great, feel good in the hand, come with a butt load of toys, and Springfield's customer service is one of the best.

I wonder if some dump them because of hard to find and expensive mags. I don't know, I've had an XDm9 for a couple months, and I think I'll keep it. I'm considering one of those PRP triggers, but I guess I need to break it in first.

Expensive mags, not as good a trigger (but almost all polymer pistols have the same issue), and it comes with a bunch of stupid crap in the box. The suitcase looking box with the XDm is cool, but I can't help wondering if the gun could have been $50 cheaper without that useless holster and mag carrier...

I looked at and shot an xd. It was a nice feeling gun but the trigger seemed to have a long dead space before anything happened. It wasn't a huge issue but I was trying to decide between an sr40 and the Springfield. In the end the ruger was a tad more comfortable in my hand and 70 dollars cheaper. I just couldn't justify the extra money for the Springfield.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top