JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
M&P out of that bunch, would be my #1 pick.

Sig P250 would be #2

XDm #3

They're all fine weapons. The XD's grip safety is transparent - when you're grasping the gun in a shooting grip, it's deactivated and fits flush with the grip. When you don't have it depressed, the trigger won't work, nor will the slide retract completely (at least with the XD's, I haven't tested that bit with the XD-m yet). I just personally found the XD triggers a tad mushier - but lighter - than the other two options. The Sig P250 has a great trigger for a polymer double action. The single action triggers are about 5-6lbs, the DA pull was maybe 9lbs - not bad at all. The M&P trigger doesn't have the same feeling of a positive reset as the XD's - but I find the XD's to be more natural, comfortable shooters. Each gun has it's pluses and minuses. If you don't like Keith's (and I can understand the feeling 95% of the time) - head down to Wholesale Sports in Clackamas - they had samples of them all last time I was in - and you can fondle them each and compare them - see which one you really want. Fisherman's Marine in Tigard also had samples of all three when I was in there the other day. Could be worth a drive to help figure out which gun you want.

xd for sure

i have a sig p250 and a xdm and i would say xdm over it every time. they are both hugely reliable and come from great companies, but the trigger pull on the sig isnt for everyone. also this gun lacks virtually ANY type of aftermarket anything. If you want to upgrade anything, you will be going through sig, and thats if they even make what you are looking for.

the xd has a decent sized aftermarket backing, the trigger is not as long as the sig and they are about the same price as well.

Sig had a great idea with the modular design of the p250, but they completely fell short on the backing of said parts. it costs almost $600 dollars to change the barrel and grip size, and for that you could just have an xd plus some money for ammo!

Trust me you will find the 250 has some things lacking, and the xd will fill those needs for you!

S&W SD9- trying real hard to be a Glock.
XD- Glock with a grip safety and mediocre finish
Sig P250- It's not trying to be a Glock but the 1st gen didn't work that great. Not sure if I would want to beta test gen 2.

I'd probably get a Glock*, they work and are cheap.

H

*And I don't even like Glocks.

by the time you pay shipping and FFL fees you could buy locally save money and support your local gun store to boot i hate my local store they FAIL! they arnt even worth goin in their to try and hold the firearms to see how they fit your hands

the only thing i dont like about the xd is the back safety i think would get in my way im not a fan of safetys at all

I love both of my XDM. I don't even noticed the back safety when shooting. If you hate it, and thinks it get in your way. Why would you consider the gun then?

I had the XDm and never noticed the back safety untill I had to clean the gun. It is a bubblegum to take apart. Also the XDm feels very top heavy but that may also be why they seem more acurate. I have shot the M&P 9mm and love them. I am going to buy a compact for carry and a extended length for IDPA. It's tough to go wrong with S&W.

I was in your position the past few weeks, and I went with the m&p9 pro 4.25". I went with the m&p because of all of the stellar reviews they get. Just so you know, you posted a link to the sd9 not the m&p9 and there is a bigg difference between them. My vote is the m&p, cause it just feels right in my hands unlike the xd(m)'s and the sig.

Out of your choices, I like the XD all day long. Like Voltron said, Make sure it feels comfortable in your hand. That's why I don't own a Glock. just wanted to mention that the CZ 75 is pretty amazing, especially for the the price.

just thought id update i went to wholsale sports and held all of them its between the xd 9 vs the M&P 9 i even like the feel of the xd 45 but 45 is a bit expensive for me lol the price i can get a used xd9 is waht made me choose the xd 9

Today I went out and bought another XD. I say another because I keep coming back to it. I have done SIG, sold it, I did a Beretta (x2), sold both, thumb safety adds first round time, plus the 85 lbs of trigger pull is a bit much, Did Glock, great gun, just too light for what i like, and everytime i get one, I love the XD. So i now am on the third 45/40/9mm.
Its a great gun for the price and mags are cheap.

xd for sure

i have a sig p250 and a xdm and i would say xdm over it every time. they are both hugely reliable and come from great companies, but the trigger pull on the sig isnt for everyone. also this gun lacks virtually ANY type of aftermarket anything. If you want to upgrade anything, you will be going through sig, and thats if they even make what you are looking for.

the xd has a decent sized aftermarket backing, the trigger is not as long as the sig and they are about the same price as well.

Sig had a great idea with the modular design of the p250, but they completely fell short on the backing of said parts. it costs almost $600 dollars to change the barrel and grip size, and for that you could just have an xd plus some money for ammo!

Trust me you will find the 250 has some things lacking, and the xd will fill those needs for you!

I have to disagree.

I have an M&P40 and a P250c with all four calibers (9mm, 40S&W, 357SIG, and .45ACP). I don't own an XD, but that's only because after shooting them on several occasions, I wasn't impressed with the trigger or it's reliability (or more specifically its lack thereof). I have a couple friends with XD's and XDm's and the range trips we've shared always resulted in FTFs, FTEs, and stovepipes...Maybe they have lemons, but that's 5 XD's over a two year period, so I feel comfortable calling a spade a spade here. In contrast, my P250 has never once experienced a failure of any kind after 7600 rounds, regardless of caliber or ammo type (and the vast majority have been my own reloads)...in fact, my P250 will ignite hard primers that my striker -fired pistols will not.

I have 14 pistols in the stable currently and the P250 shares it's perfect record with only one other pistol I own...my H&K P2000, although it's only had 2300 rounds through it. True, there are a minimum of aftermarket accessories for the P250 (other than plenty of holsters and sights)...but then again, what would you want? If you want to bling it up or paint it pink camo for your girlfriend, buy a grip module for $35 and knock yourself out.

I'm not sure where the $600 caliber changeover figure came from. You can buy the whole pistol for about $350. Sig charges $275 for the exchange kits (I got mine during a Sig special for $199 each). The exchange kit includes the entire slide assy w/ night sights and a grip module...everything but the modular Fire Control Unit (FCU). My compact pistol with 3 caliber exchange kits cost less than $1000 total...and it's a great shooter in ANY caliber. The only caveat I would offer is if you don't like DAO triggers. If you're proficient with revolver triggers, you'll LOVE the P250.

I have no complaint with the M&P either. It's striker-fired and took a while to break in the gritty trigger, but that wasn't a big deal for me. I DID install the Apex trigger kit, and it's a definite improvement, but for $100...it's not necessary to shoot the pistol well.

Your buddy must have some serious piece of crap XD's. I have had 3, 1 XD that never once had a problem in 2000 rounds and 2 XDm's that one had one FTE only becuase my 11yr old son limp wristed it. The XDm's have had extensive tourture test done to them without any problems at all. There was nothing I couldn't feed any of my XD's.

I would say a carry gun to get the M&P and a range gun get the XDm only because as a carry gun the M&P is noticably lighter and the XDm is more accurate.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top