JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some like blonds, some like brunettes, and some like redheads....

Some like ford, some like chevy, and some like toyota...

Some like Glock, some like XD, and some don't care for either of them...

I personally love the feel of my XD... I also have a Glock and think it is ugly, but gets the job done (my carry gun). I've owned a Sig and LOVED that gun, why oh why did I sell it??

Only thing left to try is a 1911...

The xdm fits my hand better than a glock. I plan on buying one in the near future. If it's just a copy of a glock, then I guess my walther p99 is too? Just because it is a poly striker gun? I don't think so.

This is an interesting thread, outside of the fanboy-ism and few speckles of trolling.

I have long been a Sig fan, and have owned a variety of them in 9mm, 40S&W, and 357 Sig. I am used to the way they feel in my hand and can shoot them reasonably well given my natural ability.

Recently, however, I became interested in acquiring a polymer gun. I tried the Glocks, XDs, XDMs, and H&Ks. I really wanted to love the P30 but I the recoil felt pretty snappy. The Glocks and the XD/XDMs felt about the same and I could shoot them equally well, however the XDM "felt" better in my hand so that is what I ended buying.

I am aware that the "It fit my hand really well" argument is entirely subjective, but the fact that I can shoot it better than the others. My LGS armorer said it's probably because of how high above the grip the barrel sits.

Subjective or not, at the end of the day the most important thing is how well you can shoot it (and if intended for carry) how comfortable it is. As someone else already stated, to each their own.

I think I'd have to try the full 5" in my hand but I don't know... It just seems too big (long).

:s0112:
I like the XD a lot more than any Glock that I've shot. They just fit my hand better, especially the XDM with the adjustable grip pieces. Glocks have always felt like holding a table leg to me. Just my $0.02.

now thats funny,holding a table leg!!!!i had that same feeling and switched to a xd 40 and never looked back

I have both. Many XD's, and 1 glock. I think the XD's shoot better and feel better.

Only reason i got the glock was to turn it into a glock 18. Other then that i dont like it. It doesnt feel right and i cant shoot it accurately. once it is full auto i wont care if i am accurate with it any more.

Kudos on the "film" by xstay. Very funny. I have an XD-9sc and an XD-45 and I wouldn't mind having some sort of XDm. They are flawlessly reliable, stoutly built and highly accurate. The trigger is outstanding. I don't have much experience with Glocks, but I did compare to the S&W M&P before purchasing. Liked the ergonomics of both, but the XD seems to be better built. Open them up and compare the internals, esp the spring. And the S&W requires a tool to disassemble. The XD9sc does feel a little top heavy, but you get used to it.

I guess if you like the Sigmas then that really explains a lot...
Watch it!!!
Them's fight'in words pilgrm'!!

I have never had an Issue with a Sigma, I would recomend a new model sigma (non older model) to someone that was trying to pick a first SD Pistol and couldent afford any more... (I've been there before) Its better then a Hi-point!!!

Anyways!!! I guess I get it now, I had never really researched the XD much, I guess I assumed that it was the ugly redheaded step sister of the glock, After this thread I now know its the Ugly Redheaded cousin of the glock!!!

look bout the same, but the xd has a different grip angle, and a rear safety... Both are still combat tupperware...

I loved the video XD vs Glock, very funny. I used to own 4 Glocks but am a bit of an XD convert owning the XD9SC and XD45Compact now. They have a few improvements over the Glock and are not merely a copy. Grip safety, slightly different trigger which I never had any complaint with on the Glock, and loaded chamber and cocked striker indicator that are both able to be checked visually and by touch. Also the recoil spring guide helps keep the XD from pushing out of battery if the gun were ever pushed into soft tissue prior to pulling the trigger. It was like someone started with a Glock and said asked what would you change about it if you could. I still like Glocks and would still own and carry one without hesitation. I agree the first time I saw the XD9 SC I thought it was the ugliest gun ever. It kind of grew on me though now I don't notice. Both are great guns. The XD owes a lot to the Glock which was revolutionary in its day but stands on its own merits too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top