JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So when the SIGMA's came out and basicly copied the GLOCK it was a BIG DEAL. People were Pissed and thought down on the sigma, (I think its a good gun for the $$$) Glock sued S&W and won.

Now that Springfield makes a new glock copy, people Love it... Glock had not made a big stink about it.

I thought Glocks were UGLY, but the XD is what I would call UGLY as SIN!!!

The thing that really got me thinking was my cousin-in-law is WSP, we were shooting the bubblegum (9mo ago) and he was telling me about his HK USP 40. He said it sucked and he hated it, and how he was soo excited because WSP was going to have a new contract with Springfield and He would be getting an XD. I really dident have anything to say at that time.

I have a USP and LOVE IT!!!! actually its a USP CT 45 and I would NEVER trade my USP for a Glock or Sigma!! I have also owned a Glock, and a Sigma. Both went bang when I pulled the trigger. I was happy with both.

I guess I just dont get all the hype about the XD and why everyone is soo excited to own the newest glock copy...

I like the XD a lot more than any Glock that I've shot. They just fit my hand better, especially the XDM with the adjustable grip pieces. Glocks have always felt like holding a table leg to me. Just my $0.02.

I'm a big fan of the M&P series myself...but I think its mostly just about what fits your hand best and you're comfortable shooting.

And, I do think the bi-tone XDM's are a nice looking pistol.

I like the 1911 style grip safety and the fact it has 4 safeties all together. My XD-SC 40 seems to fit my body style like a glove and has never FTF on any store bought or reloads after many rounds down the pipe. I have had Glocks in the past but once I bought the XD they were sold.. I just couldn't get used to the thick grips and didn't want to shell out the bucks to have them slimmed down. It isn't the prettiest and not a safe queen but real good at getting the job done.

The XD is not a copy of the glock, the design is actually a bit different, although they are both striker fired pistols. Also the XD is not exactly a new design either (or at least not as new as you see XDs being sold here), and was not designed by Springfield, it was designed by what is now HS Produkt in Croatia (as the HS2000). So as far as I know, even if Glock wanted to sue them here for similarities, they couldn't.

The XD is not a copy of the glock, the design is actually a bit different, although they are both striker fired pistols. Also the XD is not exactly a new design either (or at least not as new as you see XDs being sold here), and was not designed by Springfield, it was designed by what is now HS Produkt in Croatia (as the HS2000). So as far as I know, even if Glock wanted to sue them here for similarities, they couldn't.
Correct, other than being a Tupperware striker fired gun and kind of blocky, it's much different from a Glock, I've got both a XD40sc and an XDm40 and love them both. I can't stand the Glock grip angle so the XD is my natural choice. I've held a M&P too and didn't like the grip at all..

You may need to get your eyes checked, the XDs look much better than any Glock :p

Most of Glocks meaningful patents expired by 1997 at the latest.

Then again, Glock didn't have many meaningful patents in the first place.

Strikers in handguns go way back. JMB's first versions of what became the BHP were striker fired.

The short recoil operation principle is JMB's. The simplification of that system to lock up on the ejection port with the barrel hood belongs to the SIG 220.

Thumb operated mag catch belongs to JMB too.

Polygonal rifling goes back to the black powder era. In any event, H&K reintroduced it first in handguns.

Polymer framed handguns are also first credited to H&K.

S&W was sued for copying part of Glock's striker assembly so closely that it infringed a patent on that style of implementation. S&W's problem is that the Sigma came out in the early part of the '90s when Glock's patents were still enforceable. Today, anyone can clone the entire pistols internally, as long as they don't confuse the marketplace on looks because Glock is still trademark protected, just not patent protected unless something new is worth copying from Generation 4, but early reports are that there is nothing innovative about it.

As mentioned earlier, the XD is really a merging or concepts found on the Glock, SIGs and the 1911. The M&P is set up internally in a completely different manner than either the Glock or the Sigma. The Ruger SR9 shamelessly copied the Glock "Safe Action" trigger upon recall due to the failure of their in house design, but the Safe Action is out of patent so no one cares.

I don't like Glocks because their grips have always been a bubblegum affair.

Owned an H&K USP45c too. I'd rather have a Beretta PX4, or a M&P45, or a XD45, or a FNP45, or a SIG P220, or a CZ-97B, or just about any 1911 made, or I'd even rather have a Glock 21.

H&Ks are the most overrated polymer handguns on the planet. Worst. DA. Trigger. Ever.

I owned a XDm in 9mm and thought it was great, but was looking for a .45acp and as fate would have it, there was a forum member looking to make a trade. He wanted a XDm in 9mm and had a HK USP .45acp he wanted to trade. It was the best gun thing I've ever done. The USP is the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. I love mine and would never let it go.

I've always found the HK highly overrated. The XD is the most gosh-awful top heavy gun I've ever shot. It just wants to tip over in my hand, getting worse as the mag empties. The Glock doesn't point naturally for me, but I can get over it. I like the M&P as much as any of them. But all pale next to the 1911, which all pale next to the S&W revolver. Six for sure...

Picked up an XD recently from one of our supporting vendors and have to say, I'm pretty impressed with it. It's the 9mm XD tactical with the 5" barrel, and straight from the box to the range, it outshot my SIG (4" barrel so no surprise there then) I like the trigger feel, the ergonomics and the accuracy. I have a feeling it's going to stay with me a while.

I don't shoot Glocks because they just dont feel right in my hand.....but, I did try to like them, honest!

Well if I could pick only one, I would have to pick my baby eagle, it wins on comfort, balance, accuracy and price, but as far as WSP duty pistols go, i don't see how HK is soo bad

HK's are a little overrated,

I have owned glocks, sigmas, taurus, rugers, HKs, S&Ws, and a few revolvers... I have sold all at one point or another. The only one I bought back because I missed it was the USPc. I would buy back a G26 if the price was right.

I have never liked the way a Glock feels in my hand. I had an XD9 for years and it was great. Sold it and bought the XDm 9. For the money I think it's one of the best deals out there considering out of the box shootability and accessary package.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top