JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I picked up a box of HST +p, Ranger SXT +p and Winchester Supreme Elite to test out in my .45 XD. Those +p's are something else, yikes. I shot 3 mags of ranger, 3 of HST and 1 of Winchester SE. All were hella accurate, but I'm sad to say I had a jam with one of the...sigh...HST's. I've read about some folks having problems with HST in the XD, but I was hoping I wouldn't be one of them. Y'all think 3 mags with one jam is enough to pass judgement? Anyone else have a similar problem with HST in their XD or any other brands for that matter?

Buy a Sig especially a P-220 .45. I have owned 7 Sigs. I have shot the cheapest ammo there is to the high end stuff. I have never ever not once in any of my Sigs had a jam or malfunction.

Why so set on the HST's? I'll assume it's because they have better ballistics?

Personally, in a self defense situation, I'd rather have the "less deadly" round go off than the meanest bullet on the planet jammed in my gun when I pull the trigger.

"Dude" have you tried Hornaday TAP or CORBON? These cycle through my XD and my buddies XD every time! If you are truly worried about it, then call Springfield and they will happily assist you.

I've tried the powrball corbon. I'm just trying to discern what I can and can't trust. I like what I've read about the HST's and I bought 100 of them. I also bought a 100 Ranger SXT's.

I've had no problems with Corbon, Rangers and Winchester SE's, so it looks like I'll stagger mags with those 3. I was originally unsure that 3 mags with 1 jam of the HST's was enough to form an opinion, but now I'm thinkin' why even bother. I'll just save the HSTs and try them in the next .45 I buy.

gotta say i love my black talons. have had no feed issues and they tear **** up...i bought 5 boxes and they are spendy but i wanted something good... and i got it...:s0155::s0155::s0155:

The ranger sxt's are just like the black talons from what I've read...

What do mean by "jam" ?

The 13rd .45 mags are known to have a problem keeping up with the increased slide velocity caused by some defensive level loads. The 10rd mags do not have this problem.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top