JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would also fire the round, then use method in post #4 if it doesn't eject.

And then I would sell the gun because having a gun that jams is useless to me.

Happening even once is too much. Cause what if you needed that firearm to save your life and you can't chamber a round because the slide is jammed? Failure like that could mean your life or a loved ones life.

Reminder to self. think twice about this

I guess there was a small amount of Solvent left after cleaning and the gun was then loaded and it sat for awhile, allowing the corrosion to begin. Really that is why you were using the solvent to loosen the copper, but it works on brass too, just a little different due to the chemical composition of brass vs. copper.

I would have never thought of that as it's never happened to me. How long did it sit, was it brass ? I do use CLP though.

I have witnessed poly coated steel rounds getting stuck when they were left in a very hot chamber of an AR15. My friend had to use the mortar move to get the round out. It worked but didn't feed well afterwards until the chamber was cleaned. But that was after 600+ rounds of cheap steel ammo. And mag dumps , without lube.

Glad you got it sorted. I do like Springfields. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top