JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
X grade doesn't mean xtra good but they are refinished.

1633518207212.png

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Pitting. I wonder if the pitting existed before it came off the line?
Considering all the CHN junk I have thrown away because it fell apart, I'd be wary of any old Chinese firearm, even Norinco.
When Chinese steel started showing up in the US in the '80's, we found it had serious problems with particulate inclusions and bad thermal processing resulting in iron carbide nodules in the steel. Ruined a lot of machine tooling because of those.

Considering all the CHN junk I have thrown away because it fell apart, I'd be wary of any old Chinese firearm, even Norinco.
When Chinese steel started showing up in the US in the '80's, we found it had serious problems with particulate inclusions and bad thermal processing resulting in iron carbide nodules in the steel. Ruined a lot of machine tooling because of those.
Good question. I assumed it was from corrosion but the question you raised is a good one. I wonder if there is any history of the the Type 54s going kaboom. It's a high pressure round.

Good question. I assumed it was from corrosion but the question you raised is a good one. I wonder if there is any history of the the Type 54s going kaboom. It's a high pressure round.
Well, when they invade, you can honor them by beating them with junk their ancestors made. Talk about karma ! (I expect this to be deleted post-haste).

A brief search revealed no common history of Kabooms in the type 54s. Here is an article that discusses the pistol and one part mentioned pitting.

"Many pistols show blue wear and pitting due to the effects of the humid climate. However, bores are typically in excellent condition since most are chrome-lined."

Source: https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/chinese-tokarev-pistols-military-and-commercial-models/

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top