JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Originally designed and manufactured by Wyoming Arms, the Parker Pistol didn't sell well, in fact, the company went out of business in 1992. LASERAIM of Little Rock acquired the Parker Pistol plans, added a laser mount, reopened Wyoming Arm's facility in Thermopolis, WY and started cranking out LASERAIM pistols.

However, the line of LASERAIMs soon developed FTF problems and one of the worst handgun reputations ever... But why the sudden FTF problems? Here is my theory. If someone knows better, please enlighten us.

Picture a proud new LASERAIM owner doing his first field strip. As the slide comes off, his son says "Dad, you dropped something." They look for a few minutes but cannot find anything and figure it was probably 'nothing'.

The next day at the range sees only problems from the gun. The used case are not ejecting, the gun is jamming and people are unhappy. When they get home, they throw the gun in the corner and a few years later, sell it to a pawn shop. Then a guy like me comes along, says "Good Deal", takes it home, runs a few practice rounds through it, and discovers -

ITS GOT NO EJECTOR!!!

This brings us up to the present. I did some research on the Internet and discovered MOST LASERAIMs ARE MISSING THEIR EJECTORS!!!

That explains the feed problems. I encountered the same story time and time again. When the slide and frame are separated and the frame turned upside down, there goes the ejector (and spring) on the floor.

All this adds up to if ANYONE has a LASERAIM WITH AN EJECTOR (and spring), you could make a lot of money (and friends) by having a machine shop make 200-300 ejectors and sell them to LASERAIM owners, like me. Or at the very least, a photo of an ejector next to a machinist's scale would be very helpful....

Thanks!

Been there, done that. I lucked out and found one along with alot of extra parts from a member here. I bought one with the proclaimed feeding problem and found out why (as stated) didnt pay much for it though. It now functions fine with no feed issues but still wouldnt use it for a defense gun but as a plinker/collector it's fine.

Please let me know if I can drop by sometime, take a few ejector measurements, produce a machinist's drawing and make a few of them.

Of course if someone has a spare, that would be awesome!!!

Please let me know if I can drop by sometime, take a few ejector measurements, produce a machinist's drawing and make a few of them.

Of course if someone has a spare, that would be awesome!!!

Anytime is fine I have micrometers and calipers.

Hi...can't believe someone else has a Laseraim. bought mine about 1995 or so. i've put about 100 rounds through it with no problems. like was said --not for defence situation. anyway... i am not that gun savvy but i would assume i have an ejector in it.. i can see a little thing that looks like maybe it. side note: it sat in the safe for all these years and i finally took it out and lo and behold the laser wouldn't take a charge... since there is no place anymore to send it for repair--i think... what the heck...take it apart --it don't work anyway...long story short.. i was able to procur a battery for it (had been leaking but no damage to laser) and replaced the battery.... good as new.....i've got a couple more boxes of ammo and i'm gonna shoot it till it breaks....stand by......

UPDATE:

I wanted to let everyone know that I had an ejector custom made for my LASERAIM. I took an original ejector to Todd Koonce of Koonce Custom in Salem, he studied the design, and on the third attempt made a really decent and fully functional ejector.

So remember, if you need a LASERAIM ejector, check with Koonce Custom.

Koonce Custom Gunworks LLC

Dave

I got one a little while back. Absolutely love it. The only time I ever have any issues with mine is with some magazines causing it to jam. I'm curious as to a good place to find any parts for it like grip, barrels, magazines, or holsters. I might even be interested in slides and/or compensators as well. Anybody know of anything? Internet hasn't been much help when it comes to this gun. I do believe I have the Model II.

Yep I know that little ejector well, i've had to make a few! They had barrel and barrels of parts to be assembled and had a few high school kids assembling parts for the longest time. All kinds of important parts were left out at times...But mostly the ejector!

wyoming.jpg

I laughed for about 10 minutes when I read the original post. FAL, I hope you're still around.
Why?
Because I walked into a pawn shop and saw what looked like a reasonable 1911 copy with a decent looking adjustable rear sites and tight as my old 1918 vintage govt. model. I had been looking for a cheap 1911 "plinker" and this one just fit the bill perfectly and it was made in the USA!

Fortunately I watched a youtube video where someone takes one of these apart and warned of launching the ejector across the room. I took it apart carefully and of course there is no ejector, at least the spring was still there. No refunds on guns but the gun shop did offer to pay for the part if I could find one. Fortunately I found one on ebay..

Waiting on the part wishing I'd done a little research before buying it though. I mean how bad can a 1911 type gun be? Well, when I get the ejector in, I'll find out. I may just frame this gun and hang over the wall as a reminder of why I should never buy anything but a name brand I know. I was tricked by that "Made in USA" stamped on the side. Fortunately it didn't break the bank and I can have a good laugh now. I might even make it a hobby making this thing shoot well. (-:}

Well a range day with a FIXED Parker 45 was quite a surprise experience. Had a box of Winchester bulk, and some different reloads that were very light for my old 1917 revolver. I shot about 70 rounds, no issues other than accidentally hitting the magazine eject button once. Yes, that caused a fail to feed. Other than that it functioned 100% and was surprisingly accurate. Way more accurate than a few 1911s I've shot over the years. Little more tweaking and finding a good load will have this being a regular member of my range bag. Long as nothing breaks it will be fun to shoot. Considering the cost I'm loving it.

I laughed for about 10 minutes when I read the original post. FAL, I hope you're still around.
Why?
Because I walked into a pawn shop and saw what looked like a reasonable 1911 copy with a decent looking adjustable rear sites and tight as my old 1918 vintage govt. model. I had been looking for a cheap 1911 "plinker" and this one just fit the bill perfectly and it was made in the USA!

Fortunately I watched a youtube video where someone takes one of these apart and warned of launching the ejector across the room. I took it apart carefully and of course there is no ejector, at least the spring was still there. No refunds on guns but the gun shop did offer to pay for the part if I could find one. Fortunately I found one on ebay..

Waiting on the part wishing I'd done a little research before buying it though. I mean how bad can a 1911 type gun be? Well, when I get the ejector in, I'll find out. I may just frame this gun and hang over the wall as a reminder of why I should never buy anything but a name brand I know. I was tricked by that "Made in USA" stamped on the side. Fortunately it didn't break the bank and I can have a good laugh now. I might even make it a hobby making this thing shoot well. (-:}
This is a fun thread.. Warm, warmer, and hot

there are more here by that OP.. lots of good stuff, lol

Yeah I am still here and have NOT bought any more "crap" guns recently. These guns really need to be assigned the"project" status.

"This guy walks into a Pawn Shop and sees a 'affordable' 1911 looking like gun. 'How bad can this thing be?' he thinks to himself and takes it home. Six months later, he is able to answer his own question..'VERY BAD'.."

Since then, I have picked up two Colt MK IV Series 80 1911s which, oddly enough, were more 'affordable' than the LaserAim due to their 'just working' and needing no impossible to find parts which fly off and are lost.

Yeah I am still here and have NOT bought any more "crap" guns recently. These guns really need to be assigned the"project" status.

"This guy walks into a Pawn Shop and sees a 'affordable' 1911 looking like gun. 'How bad can this thing be?' he thinks to himself and takes it home. Six months later, he is able to answer his own question..'VERY BAD'.."

Since then, I have picked up two Colt MK IV Series 80 1911s which, oddly enough, were more 'affordable' than the LaserAim due to their 'just working' and needing no impossible to find parts which fly off and are lost.

I'll keep the Parker 45 around as long as it runs. When something finally breaks that I can't fix I'll mount it on a plaque for the wall. I also have an STI Trojan.... Little better quality. (-:}

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top