JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If a majority of people are stupid, and you are a minority that perceives itself to be the true keepers of intelligence, doesn't that make you elitists?

Or can you even be an elitist while living in a double-wide, swilling beer, watching Fox and wearing a wife-beater t-shirt?

So who's gonna take up my $100 bet?

No, just makes me someone that wishes to be left alone by the Johnny come lately's and their "new and improved" ideals. And no I live in swank Peidmont in a 1/2 million dollar home thanks to the hypsters driving up the prices to insanity! ;)

To the best of my knowledge there are no Trailers be they single or doublewide in Portland are there? I always thought they were against code? I could be wrong but I can't think of any place I've even seen a trailer in city limits. What do I know though? I've only been here since the 60's.

As for your bet I only take a bet that I know in advance I can win.

CEF sed:

living in a double-wide, swilling beer, watching Fox and wearing a wife-beater t-shirt?

nothing like a little baseless stereotyping to help pass the time.......

CEF, you seem to resort to this sort of thing when the issues don't carry your tune any more.

I'm not an Oregonian, and so cannot vote on this Wyden guy.. but from what I HAVE seen, if no one else were to stand to unseat him, I'd throw my own hat in the ring. Worst case is I'd lose, and he'd get to torment Oregon for another term. But if EVERYOLNE thought the way CEF seems to, guys like Wyden would only get unseated when they start daisey farming....... part of why some favour term limits for elected representatives (unelected positions of power, as well). SOMEONE needs to give voters another choice besides a guy with the values this guy seems to have. Bloomburg's campaign is based on lies, twisted date (lies), bent statistics, insunuations, and his money and influence. The tyranny of money and power needs to be ended. And if Wyden lacks the intelligence and integrity to see through Bloomburg's smokescreen, he NEEDS to go away. Whatever can be done to deliver his pink slip should be done. Whether it seems to have any chance of success or not.

On that basis (a seemingly hopeless scenario) our Founding Fathers never would have put quill to paper and penned the Declaration of Independence.. they ALL knew they were painting huge targets across their backs, and at least half of them paid dearly for it. It was like the poodle against the tiger.

But guess what? Those "stupid farmers with their squirrel guns" thumped the pommies. Against hopeless odds. It needs to happen again.

I guess we may have to take a page from the progressive liberal handbook and do whatever it takes to realize the "change" that we want.

I am serious. Maybe we need to be community organizers.

No one just disagrees with Jim in good faith. Anyone who disagrees with Jim is stupid.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Better help you along:s0112::s0112: this is opinion and what we post here is just that. Opinion means what we believe in the life we have lived. I think people who try to take away our guns are stupid

Who do drugs are stupid

Who smoke are stupid

Who commit crimes are stupid

Stupid is=regarded as unintelligent: regarded as showing a lack of intelligence, perception, or common sense

Easily this fits to anyone voting for a progressive today.

However what I think is just opinion and has no effect on anyones every day life so to take offense at what I say makes one :D:D stupid:s0112::s0112::s0112:

jj

But if he wins, will that mean that a majority of Oregonians are stupid liberals? Everyone who votes for Ron Wyden is "stupid"?

Lets apply your logic to the rise of Hitler. I suppose those "majority Germans" were all intelligent people like these majority intelligent Oregonians you speak of?

Lets apply your logic to the rise of Hitler. I suppose those "majority Germans" were all intelligent people like these majority intelligent Oregonians you speak of?

So Wyden is Hitler, and those who vote for him are the same as Weimar Germans? And all democratic elections in the US are shams, with the majority always "stupid", because it's just like Germans voting for Nazis in the 1930s?

Huh?

So you don't believe in American democracy, Trlsmn? Majority rule, democratically-elected representatives, and all that? I kind of suspected as much, but come clean.

Or maybe democracy is OK only when you win. Is that it? There are names for that philosophy....

... and if we fail, we will accept the results of that election and not assume that everyone on the other side is stupid.

Fair?

Before you bust out the wisecracks, think about it. Can we not at least agree about this basic proposition, so central to democratic institutions? Or are you ALL that far gone?

So Wyden is Hitler, and those who vote for him are the same as Weimar Germans? And all democratic elections in the US are shams, with the majority always "stupid", because it's just like Germans voting for Nazis in the 1930s?

Huh?

So you don't believe in American democracy, Trlsmn? Majority rule, democratically-elected representatives, and all that? I kind of suspected as much, but come clean.

Or maybe democracy is OK only when you win. Is that it? There are names for that philosophy....

Geez:s0112::s0112::s0112: Wyden couldn't be Hitler with the kind of intelegence Wyden has, plus as a public speaker he sucks. Can't even pick anyone out he might have been. He is a usefull idiot that will vote away our gun rights though.:D

I do suspect Trismns mind is closer to the founding fathers than yours is:s0112::s0112:

jj

... and if we fail, we will accept the results of that election and not assume that everyone on the other side is stupid.

Fair?

Before you bust out the wisecracks, think about it. Can we not at least agree about this basic proposition, so central to democratic institutions? Or are you ALL that far gone?

Your mistake is expecting those who win the election to follow our laws. So far Obama hasn't and it is the duty of every American to vote him and his cronies out. If voting fails to remove the lawless then all bets are off. Nobody says Americans must live in debt slavery because of corrupt politicions. You may chose to do so but free men won't.

jj

Huh?

It is a republic. Majority rule but tempered by the constitution. That way even if there is majority of idiots, it can't run our country into the ground supposedly.

I have lived in Oregon since 1952. I have watched my whole life as the politicions use their power to make the state worse to live in every year. Problem is the people are not smart enough to elect decent politicions. Proof being the latest vote for higher taxes during a depression. It takes real stupidity to take money out of your pocket and give it to the politicions to waste.

Guess that shows you what higer education has done for us.

jj

I too am a native Oregonian and have grown too see this state become a toilet. A political, philosophical, and educational toilet. So I treat it as such. I have no vote here. So I refuse to use public trash cans. I dump garbage on the ground, especially in Portland city limits, whenever I can. I havent used a public trashcan in Portland in 6 years.

I too am a native Oregonian and have grown too see this state become a toilet. A political, philosophical, and educational toilet. So I treat it as such. I have no vote here. So I refuse to use public trash cans. I dump garbage on the ground, especially in Portland city limits, whenever I can. I havent used a public trashcan in Portland in 6 years.

I have heard that tale from a lot of the folks that lived in Oregon before the migration of enviormental whack jobs from San Francisco and the east coast. Oregon has become the settling place for the hippy, yippy movement out of the 1960-1980's and its current political climate shows the results.

Check out where Weiden hails from. Bet he is not a native. I wonder how many of the people that fill the important government jobs in Oregon are actually native Oregonians. Probably not many.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top