JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's face it, it's mostly Multnomah and Lane counties that keep voting them into office.

Democracy, in the form of majority rule, can be tough on a person whose views are not shared by most other people.

And of you who doesn't like Oregon is welcome to head on out. Adios. Send a postcard. Happens to be the home of my ancestors, so I'll be staying.

Democracy, in the form of majority rule, can be tough on a person whose views are not shared by most other people.

"Imagine if all of life were determined by majority rule. Every meal would be a pizza. Every pair of pants, even those in a Brooks Brothers suit, would be stone-washed denim. Celebrity diet and exercise books would be the only thing on the shelves at the library. And - since women are a majority of the population- we'd all be married to Mel Gibson."

* P.J. O'Rourke, A Parliament of [slang for prostitutes]

"Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner."

* James Bovard, Lost Rights: The Destruction of American Liberty

Got a better system for choosing U.S. Senators? I'm all ears for those of you who hate US democracy. Speak up. Don't be shy. You know who you are.

I happen to believe in the American system of government, even when it doesn't give me the results I would prefer.

Got a better system for choosing U.S. Senators? I'm all ears for those of you who hate US democracy. Speak up. Don't be shy. You know who you are.

I happen to believe in the American system of government, even when it doesn't give me the results I would prefer.

Again, the U.S. is a republic not a democracy.

...And of you who doesn't like Oregon is welcome to head on out. Adios. Send a postcard. Happens to be the home of my ancestors, so I'll be staying.

Don't confuse people who don't like Oregon with those who don't like the political landscape here (or at least the political landscape in the metro areas).

I love Oregon and think its a great place to live. Though that doesn't mean I don't want to try to make it an even better place to live (as I see it anyway).

how about the original system established by the Framers?

Or course, then we'd really have to wake up and pay attention come election day, to get in good state representation.

The two biggest problems with all these nutjob lawmakers:

First, almost all of them are lawyers.

Second, their pay is so ridiculously high they're in it for the money. What is it for a US Senator, something like $170K plus a life-pension plan no union has ever been able to match it, and healthcare benefits that are unbelieveable. Reduce their pay to maybe twice the national average, and make them subscribe to the same healthcare package they just piled on top of us. Maybe then the lawmakers will only toss their hat in the ring and stand for office because they have a desire to serve the nation, and the people they represent. Politics and public office was never intended to be a posh position.

I have lived in Oregon since 1952. I have watched my whole life as the politicions use their power to make the state worse to live in every year. Problem is the people are not smart enough to elect decent politicions. Proof being the latest vote for higher taxes during a depression. It takes real stupidity to take money out of your pocket and give it to the politicions to waste.

Guess that shows you what higer education has done for us.

jj

The problem is that over the past 30 years or so, Californians have flooded to Oregon and made it into California! That is a big part of the problem with Oregon now.

So, anyway, back to the Wyden guns thing.... [guns forum, remember?]:

If you think you can unseat Wyden on this issue -- or any other issue -- this year, you are dreaming. Best to keep the powder dry for contests that are winnable.

Wyden is going to have a real race against him this year. He won't be a shoe in unless the stupid liberals in this state vote for him. Then they get the gun controls they deserve.

jj

Wyden is going to have a real race against him this year. He won't be a shoe in unless the stupid liberals in this state vote for him. Then they get the gun controls they deserve.

jj

He's a shoe-in. Anyone got $100 to the contrary?

But if he wins, will that mean that a majority of Oregonians are stupid liberals? Everyone who votes for Ron Wyden is "stupid"?

"Anyone who isn't as right wing as me is stupid." Thanks for clarifying your position, Jim.

:s0112::s0112: Geez I didn't post that so you must have. Are you putting words in the mouths of others? Kind of lame for a conservative, you did call yourself a republican right?

Let me leave no doubt in your mind so you don't have to put words in the mouths of others (dispicable act). I consider people who vote for the likes of Wyden stupid because of his stand on gun control and his progressive agenda that is ruining this country. :s0112::s0112: hope that helps

jj

He's a shoe-in. Anyone got $100 to the contrary?

But if he wins, will that mean that a majority of Oregonians are stupid liberals? Everyone who votes for Ron Wyden is "stupid"?

Gosh, I never thought you could figure it out on your own.:s0112::s0112: Wyden is showing his true gun control colors and if you support him then so are you.

jj

If a majority of people are stupid, and you are a minority that perceives itself to be the true keepers of intelligence, doesn't that make you elitists?

Or can you even be an elitist while living in a double-wide, swilling beer, watching Fox and wearing a wife-beater t-shirt?

So who's gonna take up my $100 bet?

If a majority of people are stupid, and you are a minority that perceives itself to be the true keepers of intelligence, doesn't that make you elitists?

Or can you even be an elitist while living in a double-wide, swilling beer, watching Fox and wearing a wife-beater t-shirt?

So who's gonna take up my $100 bet?

I am sure Wyden will win because so many stupid democrats will vote for him and they outnumber the rest of us.:D:D

Elitist?? No, just simply a person who uses my brain for something besides a hat rack:D

Say, I got everything I own paid off, how you doing:D:D

jj

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top