JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just received this from OFF:

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/

WYDEN JOINS ANTI-GUN FANATIC MICHAEL BLOOMBERG

New York's "Mayor for Life" Michael Bloomberg, is on a personal crusade against gun ownership. But not just in the paradise he runs. He wants to attack gun ownership nationwide.

In his "Blueprint for Federal Action," Bloomberg's screed against gun rights, he expresses his support for Senate Bill 843, a bill to end private sales at gun shows nationwide.

But Bloomberg has no problem with guns for himself. In a New York Times article we learn;

"The mayor also takes along a police detail when he travels, flying two officers on his private plane and paying as much as $400 a night to put them up at a hotel near his house; the city pays their wages while they are there, as it does whether Mr. Bloomberg is New York or not. (sic) Guns are largely forbidden in Bermuda — even most police officers do not use them — but the mayor’s guards have special permission to carry weapons."

This level of hypocrisy will surprise no one. But Oregon Senators should not be part of this outrageous elitism.

Senator Ron Wyden is a cosponsor of this bill .

With a coming election, we think it's important that gun owners in Oregon know where one of there Senators stands. Solidly with a millionaire eastern liberal whose hypocrisy is incalculable.

This news is a year old. Wyden was a co-sponsor May 21, 2009 (<broken link removed>). The only recent news on this bill is that Michael Bennett (Colorado) is a co-sponsor as of the 15th of April.

Yeah, Wyden is pandering to the Latte and Volvo crowd. Screw him, next time he comes up for reelection, he's mathematics, social studies, history....

This is what I just sent Wyden:

This email is in regard to your sponsorship of the "Gun Show Background Check Act of 2009". Because of your lack of common sense on this issue you can count on my vote this fall going to ANYONE BUT YOU. I'm sorry you have such disdain for the PRIVATE sale of firearms. You can not regulate criminals into law abiding citizens. It's already illegal for a felon to own a gun. What good will it do to make it illegal again?

Anybody think he cares?

It's really pretty amazing that Oregon has such good gun laws (relative to California) considering the demographic is really similar to California. Lotsa Democrats here.

Lucky Oregon has a better state constitution. I'm oringinally from Hawaii, and I always wondered way some states have favorable gun laws than others, especially when the current lot of elected officals would seem to dictate something else. It all has to do with each states constitution. Take Vermont, uber "liberal" left wing government, but yet it has the most liberal gun laws of any state. It all comes down to the respective states constitution in thier regards to private arms ownership. Unfortunatly my Homeland has no such guarantees of personal ownership of arms. Glad I relented and moved to Oregon, as my wife wanted to be closer to her family. I'm not an Oregonian, but I do vote and my voice will be heard when it comes to 2nd ammendment issues, other issues that have to do with the state, I'll keep my distance as I would never want to be considered a carpetbagger:)

This is what I just sent Wyden:

Quote:
This email is in regard to your sponsorship of the "Gun Show Background Check Act of 2009". Because of your lack of common sense on this issue you can count on my vote this fall going to ANYONE BUT YOU. I'm sorry you have such disdain for the PRIVATE sale of firearms. You can not regulate criminals into law abiding citizens. It's already illegal for a felon to own a gun. What good will it do to make it illegal again?

Anybody think he cares?

The bill requires passing a background check before being sold a gun at a gunshow, so your hypothetical criminal wouldn't get it there. They would have to break into cars or mug attentees to get their guns, lol.

Wyden has never held a job in the private sector. These kind of career politicians never leave the public feeding trough. When they lose an election they just get appointed to some lofty position such as at a state university until their next run for office. These career politicians have no idea how the real people live.

Wyden has never held a job in the private sector. These kind of career politicians never leave the public feeding trough. When they lose an election they just get appointed to some lofty position such as at a state university until their next run for office. These career politicians have no idea how the real people live.

That's the essence of the problem. The founding fathers would be aghast at the very idea of career politicians. When this country was founded, public service was generally considered a hardship, but something patriotic done to serve your country. It was never meant to become a life long occupation.

Wyden is so out of touch with the real public I bet he still can't tell us what a gallon of milk cost. Can't figure out why Orgonians keep voting these crumbs into office.

jj

The bill requires passing a background check before being sold a gun at a gunshow, so your hypothetical criminal wouldn't get it there. They would have to break into cars or mug attentees to get their guns, lol.

From what I read this bill would require you and me to register as a vendor if we intend to try and sell a single firearm at a gun show. The private sale of a firearm would require a background check. It also appeared to me that every firearm available for sale, trade, or exchange would have to named prior to the event taking place. It all seems like an attempt to head towards a national registry for firearms or to make gun shows more hassle than they are worth for both sellers and buyers.

Hey! Don't compare Orygun to Kalifornia. Oh, wait, pot farms, retreaded hippies for politicians, anarchists in the streets, ms 13 loose in pdx, loopy politics, (was I redundant?), stooopid bicycle laws and entitlements, University towns that control the population electorially, and on and on and on. Greydog.
Extreemism in the pursuit of virtue is no vice,
Tolerance is the virtue of a man with no convictions.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews