JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$100
City
Bothell
State
Washington
Zip Code
I have for sale or trade a reproduction US Navy type 2 deck jacket from WWII, in a generous size 46. This was made by atthefront one of the best historical repro uniform manufacturers on the market. This isnt your typical repro junk, ATF makes high quality copies from original patterns. The ratchet closures are really cool! And they sadly no longer produce this model. I purchased this 3 years ago but its like new never worn because I lost weight and its too big now. Im 6'2" 200lb FYI. FTF local sales please, no shipping at this time. Thanks for looking.

Purchased for $150, selling for $100.
Or trade for:
-M2 Ball/.30 M1 ammo, + cash on my end for sealed spam cans
-M1 Garand bayonet&scabbard in excellent condition
-Blackpowder revolver (no brass frames) + cash on my end to make an equal trade

Here is the detailed description from the original ad:
""During WWII the US Navy developed three patterns of "Deck Jackets". These were a general purpose cold weather coat, designed to keep the sailors warm while on watch in the cold winds of the open ocean. The design appeared similar in cut to the Army's Winter Combat Jacket (Tanker). The coat was made with a dense cribbed cotton outer shell called "jungle cloth" with a heavy dark blue melton wool lining, close in thickness to that used in blankets. Sandwiched in between these was a thin layer of nylon cloth for wind proofing. Cuffs, waist and neck featured ribbed woolen knit and the front was closed with a nickel or brass zipper.

The first model jackets had a zipper front, but it was found that cold winds actually penetrated between the teeth of the zipper. So, the 2nd model was created which used a storm flap and ratchet clips for the front closure. I can personally attest to the efficacy of this design- no wind gets through. And the ratchet clips are not nearly as clumsy to use as one might think. After an evening wearing my original jacket, I was fully accustomed to using the clips.

This is one of the most practical everyday wear jackets we have ever offered. With that in mind, as well as price and thermal performance, we opted to substitute high quality polar fleece for the wool lining. This kept the price down 50%, made the jacket lighter and warmer, and allows them to be machine washable. Moreover, the vat dyed wool of the original and our lining are visually identical. Our jackets feature genuine Talon zippers, the same type of nylon windproofing as originals, tubular (no seam) knit cuffs, and 100% ribbed cotton shell. Lastly, we added an internal chest pocket as a secure location for wallets, phones, compact pistols, etc..

Imported""

2nd-model-deck-jacket-main2.jpg 2nd-model-deck-jacket-pocket.jpg 2nd-model-deck-jacketmain3.jpg 2nd-model-deck-jacket-clips.jpg 2nd-model-deck-jacket-inside.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I also have a WWII M41 Parsons from AtTheFront.com as well. This was the main field jacket for US troops in WWII. Size 46R. Its absolutely brand new never been worn, still has QC sticker on the pocket. This is the older version with period correct wool lining. Their new repro M41s have a cotton flannel lining to cut costs at the expense of historical accuracy. Its a great start if you want to get into reenacting, that was my plan until I lost weight and its now too big sadly. Purchased for $130 will sell for $100 obo and will bundle with Navy deck jacket. Trades listed above.

So these are both actual US sizes, not Chi Com ripoffs ?
They're reproductions made exactly like the originals. I think they fit a little loose for a modern size 46. The owner of atthefront.com uses original patterns or makes patterns from originals. As for ChiCom status I have no idea. Theyre better than the repros sold on amazon by a mile. I've read that some of his products he makes stateside, others he contracts overseas. I'm honestly not sure where these ones were made. When I pull them out of storage I'll check the labels and let you know.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top