JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Tualatin
State
Oregon
I'm selling my Japanese Arisaka Type 99 rifle. This rifle is a 7th series Nagoya production often referred to as transitional. It's mum is ground off as it was in Japanese service until the surrender. Most importantly it is all serial numbers matching (receiver, bolt, ejector, barrel band, firing pin, safety) and the bore is in phenomenal condition. It is the best WWII era barrel I've seen. Message me for more information or pictures.

Price is what I'm willing to part with it for.

B0CE81F9-08AA-4BA2-93F5-418612D6A5D0.jpeg B9DEE7D9-F557-42A8-B6F0-5EAD499E4C29.jpeg E218632D-14DA-4720-80AE-418CF2B55A4B.jpeg 58778D12-CB13-456A-8C7D-2AC1B962EC65.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
1. The "mum" is collectors lingo for chrysanthemum. This was the imperial seal applied to all service rifles. When the Japanese were forced to surrender them after the war this mark was ground off out of reverence to the Emperor. G.I captured rifles however sometimes retain this mark as those rifles were not surrendered by Japanese forces.

2. I live in OR and will transfer it through an FFL (background check).

3. 7.7 Japanese is available. Steinel Ammunition makes quality loads.

Please pardon my ignorance but...
1. What does that mean?
2. Is this an FFL item or does it fall under the relic catagory?
3. Is the ammo still available?
Steinel, Norma, Graf and sons, and PCI all make the ammo still.

HOWEVER some things to consider in the current landscape we find ourselves in:
1. Norma only makes hunting rounds and the cheapest I have seen them is 2.40 a round.
2. Steinel is on at least a 6 month backorder if not longer currently.
3. Grafs is also on backorder (if they even make their own ammo anymore).
4. PCI is mediocre at best and is known for causing squibs.

These are great rifles and are a joy to shoot just keep in mind that the ammo is very hard to get at the moment.

Please pardon my ignorance but...
1. What does that mean?
2. Is this an FFL item or does it fall under the relic catagory?
3. Is the ammo still available?
Reloading for it isnt too hard. Dies are readily available, 7.7 japanese can be formed using .30-06 brass, and it shoots a 0.312 inch bullet (same as .303 british and 7.62x54r)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.