JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
World War 2 Weapons (1939-1945) (http://www.militaryfactory.com/worldwar2/weapons.asp)

Long list of weapons, vehicles, etc by the participants.

There are pictures but they are labeled such I don't want to link to them.

Here is a pic from the internet just to whet your appetite

WLA_left_side_manual.png

My uncle was a scout / messenger for Patton's army, after lying and saying he knew how to ride a motorcycle. Got him out of the tanks.

Me likes the Odd ball weapons of that era! Things that never get the credit they deserve. The Coastal Monitors of WW-1 and WW-2 are about as un known as any! I only know about them because I had a neighbor growing up who was crew on one during WW-2
fd039245d688d43fbdf731497d1ed21b0ef43b2a.jpg
This one was British, but we Americans had several on both coasts protecting vital shipping convoys and port entrances, as well as the Panama Canal!

Cool site. I love that type of historical stuff. I'll need to spend a little time poking around there.

One item I spotted among the aircraft was the NA AT-6 Texan, a trainer that was used extensively in WWII up and through Korea and Vietnam. It stands out to me because my father bought me a flight on one 10 years ago up in Washington. It was a total blast. We had to don parachutes because we were doing aerobatic maneuvers. We flew in formation with 2 other T-6's and even got to do the "military break" where we roll out of formation on our back into a dive. We did loops, rolls, lazy-8's. Damn, it was fun. And listening to the sound of the radial out in front of us was just icing on the cake. At the time, I was still actively flying as a private pilot, so the guy let me take the controls for a few, then logged the time in my log book - official T-6 time among the Cessna time. Very cool. Here is a photo of the T-6's from the site you linked:

north-american-t6-texan-trainer-aircraft.jpg

I'd still love to go up in a Mustang, a P-38, an F4U Corsair and a B-17. Maybe some day.

etrain16 check out the Collins Foundation, they have a flight program where you get to ride in several war birds! I did the F-4 Phantom!!! The feel of the afterburner slamming you back in the seat...................WOW. I think they have the F-100 ready to go as well, That would be next on my bucket list!

etrain16 check out the Collins Foundation, they have a flight program where you get to ride in several war birds! I did the F-4 Phantom!!! The feel of the afterburner slamming you back in the seat...................WOW. I think they have the F-100 ready to go as well, That would be next on my bucket list!

Oh, a Phantom would be amazing. The Air Guard flew F4's out of PDX when I was growing up. My grandfather would take us to the airport to watch them take off and land. Loud SOB's!

Hear is a odd one, I found a bucket full of these in my Grand dads stash. They are about 3'' long and about 2.5 oz weight. the fins are sharp on the one. We think these were part of a cluster bomb and would kill you if hit on the head! 800px-Lazy_dog_bombs.jpe

Oh, a Phantom would be amazing. The Air Guard flew F4's out of PDX when I was growing up. My grandfather would take us to the airport to watch them take off and land. Loud SOB's!
Yea, I grew up with "Ol Smokie there in PDX! Did you see the air show they did when they first opened the I-205 Bridge? They had 8 F-4's in formation all take off and buzz the bridge at eye level, then pull up in full burner! Man, that sound! Do you remember the F-106's they had at the same time at PDX?

Yea, I grew up with "Ol Smokie there in PDX! Did you see the air show they did when they first opened the I-205 Bridge? They had 8 F-4's in formation all take off and buzz the bridge at eye level, then pull up in full burner! Man, that sound! Do you remember the F-106's they had at the same time at PDX?

I remember that bridge opening, but we weren't there for the ceremony. That would have been cool. I do remember the first Rose Festival Air Show did include the Air Guard F4's, I think the first 2 years, then they switched to the F-15's around that time.

I don't recall seeing 106's though. Maybe I was just too focused on the F-4's to notice ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top