JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Up for trade is a nice example of the famous WWII era Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knife in the later 3rd pattern.

7" double edged forged blued carbon steel blade, very sharp. Cast aluminum handle. Thick steel crosspiece stamped "ENGLAND." Original leather belt sheath with pressed steel protective tip, also stamped "ENGLAND." The England stamp suggests it was exported post-war to the U.S, as such stampings were legally mandated.

Despite the name, this was intended as a "killing knife" more than a "fighting knife" -- designed for commandos to silently dispatch sentries, and is lightweight, agile and razor sharp. Very different from the much heavier American GI knives which were more of a muli-tool (knife, hammer, shovel, can opener, etc.) This one appears to be later WWII production from the 3rd pattern when brass became to scarce too make knife handles and the design was switched to a painted alloy handle.

This old girl has seen some use, quite possibly in combat. It has modest wear, which is to be expected from a 70 year old knife. The blade is in good condition with some sharpening scratches in the bluing and a single nick on the edge. It holds an excellent sharp edge as a good forged carbon steel blade should. The cotton thread in the holster had rotted out and has been restitched with heavy nylon upholstery thread.

I picked this one up in a trade awhile back, and I don't really have a need for it. Open to interesting trades -- Firearms (or related stuff), quality knives, Make me a offer! If you have something really exciting, I'm open to trading up for the right item and have cash, ammo, firearm accessories, or even firearms to add to it.

Looking for something Face to Face in the PDX metro area. Offers via PM please. Thanks NWFA!

knife and sheath2.jpg

Last Edited:
May be interested but would prefer you put a value on it as to what you think it is worth.

I'm sure you would :)

Problem is that values on these things are all over the place -- that's why I have it for trade. The most desirable are of course the early war production "First Pattern" versions, with the heavier artisan made blades and knurled brass handles. One of those stamped with the "Broad Arrow" and marked WSC or "Wilkinson Sword" might fetch $500+ Then you have the post-War foreign knockoffs which have been made since the 50s and are still to this day being stamped out in China and Pakistan. Those go for about $60 new on eBay, and are IMHO an insult to the designers. FYI, this is one of the most copied (and counterfeited) knife designs in history, so it takes a little care not to end up with a fake. I'm not an expert -- just an enthusiastic amateur ;)

That said, from what I can tell mine is a real one. As such is worth anywhere between $120-$300 -- leastwise that is what items claiming to be the same are listing for on eBay.

Re trades, it will come down more to whether I find the offer interesting -- so long as it feels fair. I'm not in any hurry to get rid of the knife just interested to see if anyone offers up something I would rather have :)

Last Edited:
Thanks for the input.
You are very correct on the counterfeit comment on this model of knife. Yours appears to be correct from what I see on the picture, quite a few variations in this model. (no expert here either)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top