JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ran across this video on YouTube the other day. Not sure why it's labeled as a girl shooting 66 WWI guns, I never noticed the shooter!
All jokes aside, it's not terribly exciting unless you like obscure old guns or low cut necklines. So, it was fun to watch...

She certainly runs them like she's done it before...

Last Edited:
The link I posted was it. [sorry I should have said that.]

Fun stuff Mountain Bear.

Yep, I deduced that part. ;)

I decided that if I went down that rabbit hole right now, my wife would yell at me for spending all night on my phone.

I will spend some time with Mae this weekend...

I've looked through the many gun reviews they have.
It's cool to see so many guns I didn't even know about. And get there history.

I have a good grip on WWII. But I can tell I need to go back to ''The war to end all wars''!

Wait? That doesn't make sense dose it? :rolleyes:

All 3 of them, C&Rsenal, The Great War & Forgotten Weapons have segments featuring the other. And Mae is a very gun savvy lady and I do mean lady who handles and shoots guns very well. She is not the prom queen but more like the girl next door IMO.

I would love to participate in a vintage two-gun, I just would like it to be a bit more movement than the static position shooting described in the above link.

Something like Ian and Carl do on some InRange videos:

I've talked to a few friends who organize such things, and I hope to see a movement based vintage two-gun match sometime in 2018...

I was given a Ruby pistol from a great friend of mine. The pistol had been shot quite a bit. I did not find the craftsmanship to be very good and had problems cycling half a magazine through it. To me it is not a gun I would want to have to use even in WWI.

I was given a Ruby pistol from a great friend of mine. The pistol had been shot quite a bit. I did not find the craftsmanship to be very good and had problems cycling half a magazine through it. To me it is not a gun I would want to have to use even in WWI.
The Ruby was used extensively by the French in ww1 and many were refurbed and stashed and reused in ww2. The Spanish Civil War saw the Rubies used again in a no holds-barred conflict against the communist republic. The quality of the Rubies varied as they were made by various companies and the immense needs on the Western Front of ww1 meant that corners were probably cut by some makers. Still they were used (and used!) in some of the most brutal conflicts of the 20th century. What surprises me is that the Euros considered the .32acp as a proper battlefield round in what was often hand to hand combat....

The Ruby was used extensively by the French in ww1 and many were refurbed and stashed and reused in ww2. The Spanish Civil War saw the Rubies used again in a no holds-barred conflict against the communist republic. The quality of the Rubies varied as they were made by various companies and the immense needs on the Western Front of ww1 meant that corners were probably cut by some makers. Still they were used (and used!) in some of the most brutal conflicts of the 20th century. What surprises me is that the Euros considered the .32acp as a proper battlefield round in what was often hand to hand combat....
The Germans did extensive testing early in the last century and settled on the 32 as the best combination of economy and lethality. They lined up cadavers and shot into them measuring penetration and wound channels. The British did similar tests and settled on the 38 S&W. We preferred knock down after the Spanish American war debacle in the Philippines with the 38 Colt so went back to the 45 acp. John Browning was directed to replicate the performance of the 45 Long Colt in a cartridge suitable for semi automatic (and automatic) fire, the 45 acp was born.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top