JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got it last night as it posted. I love it when those two start shooting their old stuff in competition. The vintage move and shoot type two or three gun matches are sadly few and far between. I think there is one over by Newport some time during the year.

If there were more two gun matches locally I would happily participate, I do not like the shotgun component of 3 gun matches. There is sadly not a lot of opportunity for competitive rifle shooting beyond slow fire for groups around here.

I shot a stage at a friendly shoot this summer where everyone ran their own handgun and rifle. There was a communal shotgun for three or four rounds at the end of the stage. That would be my preference.

Interesting concept, looks like fun group of guys. Still, I'd love to (even as a fat guy) have a match that involved some amount of movement and other improvised shooting positions.

I don't know why we only get three stages of this awesome match but 8 stages of an AK match. Who cares about AK's when you can dust off the 1911 and the 1903? ;)

(Or 1917, p14, No.1 Mk3, Mosin, Gewher 98, Lebel, etc)

On a somewhat related note rifles that I remember being used while I was in the Battle of Mogadishu were:
AK-47's of various origins...
Mauser pattern rifles , mostly of the 98 and 98K type and VZ24 patterns...
A handful of Lee-Enfields ...Mostly No.1 Mk.III's...
One US M2 Carbine...
Supposedly a STG 44 was there as well...( I did not see one , but have it from a good source )

So it is not unheard of for WWI and WWII era firearms to used in a fairly modern conflict...I have no doubt that a few WWII rifles are still in use in many countries ...
Andy

tyne-cot-cemetary-1024x575[1].jpg

Beats me...but there are STG's which have been used and captured in Syria recently .
( within the last 10 years or so )
As I said I did not see it , but have the information from a good source...the other rifles mentioned I actually did see...
Andy

This reminds me of a report from one of my relations deployed in Afghanistan some years back; a patrol encountered two individuals that popped up from a hidey-hole with two Panzerfäustes. Both, unsurprisingly considering their vintage, failed to go off. The two clowns decided to give up and were apprehended. How in the blazes did two crude, ancient, Nazi-era launchers end up there? Your guess is as good as mine.
:s0103:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads