JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mark Felton's videos are generally on history topics, but his one covered firearms from the Second World War that are still in military service in some form. He excludes use by law enforcement or irregular forces.

I've always really enjoyed his channel. Most of them aren't really germane to firearms alone, so I don't repost them here, but they are still interesting regardless. Cheers. :)

I came into "contact" with WWII weapons still being used while in Bosnia and Somalia.
Mostly Masuer Rifles , Mosin Nagant Rifles...and some Lee Enfield Rifles.

When part of the invasion of Panama....Some PDF units were using M1 Rifles....weird being shot at with those for sure...:eek: :D

Well truth be told....weird being shot at with any of the above....As they still worked well for the job at hand...sad to say.
Andy

When the afgans were fighting with the Soviets, they did a lot with old british smle's. "Somehow" they were supplied with a bunch of newly manufactured american ammo.

Something that's always been wild to me is how much ammo there is left over from WW2, in all kinds of different calibers. .303 Brit, 8mm, M2 Ball, even some Japanese stuff every now and again. And some of it is in relatively good condition!

Something that's always been wild to me is how much ammo there is left over from WW2, in all kinds of different calibers. .303 Brit, 8mm, M2 Ball, even some Japanese stuff every now and again. And some of it is in relatively good condition!
Far more European and Allied ammunition remains. The Americans and the Soviets quickly consolidated all they could in Europe and starting stockpiling for the Cold War.

The Pacific Theater is a different story. A lot left to rot on remote islands. The small arms that were captured were stacked for destruction, but plenty of G.I. grabbed a war trophy to take home. So there is a decent amount of Arisakas and Nambus floating around the U.S. today. But the ammunition, for fear of being used again by Japan and not being needed in the Cold War, was mostly dumped in the ocean; making 7.7 Jap a difficult to find and expensive caliber today.

Considering the United States produced over 10 Billion rounds of small arms ammo per year during the war, no surprise there's a bit left. This does not take into consideration the bombs, mortars, cannon shells etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top