JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
lMxV3Li-1024x683.jpg

More at link
World War One Soldiers' Loadouts

Not all that much when you stop to think about it! No idea when/if a resupply will come, and you are expected to harvest the battle field to carry on the duties of war!
Considering the Trench warfare many were forced into, that generation were some pretty tough, can do folks!

Not all that much when you stop to think about it! No idea when/if a resupply will come, and you are expected to harvest the battle field to carry on the duties of war!
Considering the Trench warfare many were forced into, that generation were some pretty tough, can do folks!
Much like WWII THEY got a basic kit hope for resupply but if not move forward and take what you need to survive weapon 's food ammo so on and so on back in the old day's every soldier was a behind the lines special forces worrier

Think about it now we have airplanes helicopter 's tanks jeeps hummers back then a guy or a group of guys would move across the land faster than the resupply could keep up

OH yes and forget about winning HART'S AND MINDS B.S. if someone didn't comply with you they were shot dead and you took there supplies

Prepping lol prepping means you're prepared to survive but in the U.S.your going to be protecting what you got CHANCES ARE YOU WILL BE FIGHTING AGAINST YOUR NEIGHBORS the same people you had a BBQ on the weekend with but when the $#!+hit the fan and they are not prepared it's going to get ugly and I'm not talking about World War 3 I'm talking about a power outage or a terrorist attack on are power grid or something like that just imagine what people would do if they could not buy food or gas or no Light 's in there house could not get water so on and so on even ONE BATTERY would be pretty much priceless

There is a documentary on the movie channel called ZERO DAYS IT'S VERY BORING UNLESS YOUR A COMPUTER GEEK but at the end of the show the woman says something very important she Says IF WE ARE DOING THIS TO OTHER COUNTRY 'S THEN THSY ARE DOING IT TO US

I had the honor/opportunity to tour the National Infantry Museum on Fort Benning GA a few days ago (Memorial Day weekend). Went with one of my sons on his day pass from boot camp in uniform. Of course his training company had already been there, but he wanted to go back with family.

Wasn't sure what to expect but it was awesome (not a word I throw around lightly like kids do today when you loan them a pen or something).

Saw detailed exhibits of load outs for all the wars and skirmishes in which the US has participated. Vehicles, weapons, protective gear, uniforms, charts, austere GI food, historical footage, etc., etc.

Lots of enemy and allied equipment too. Surprisingly, the Renault tank only had one reverse gear!

We spent a few hours there, and I'd go back again. Must see if you're ever in that neck of the woods.

NIM 1.JPG

Last Edited:
Saw the Infantry Museum with my folks back on visitation day in Basic ... It was and still is humbling to think that I was once in the Infantry after seeing it and thinking back on those days....
Andy

Last Edited:
somewhere along the line I saw display kit from Napoleonic Wars thru WW2, with similar gear & minor changes of style.

A few years ago watching some Pacific Island hopping Newstone of the day. It said the typically supply gear the Jap soldiers carried was around 17# ammo/food/etc. GI grunts had supply of around 8 TONS per operation.

I been to the SEE BEE MUSEUM IN OXNARD CALIFORNIA YEAR'S AGO it was really cool to see how they have evolved with the construction part of a war and I have a friend and fellow employee driver that I have ran team driving with that is a retired 22 year navy SEE BEE

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top