Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

WW1 MEMORABILIA

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sgt Nambu, May 31, 2016.

1. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was wondering how many members on this site collect WW1 weapons and other memorabilia?

I've been kind of fascinated by trench/raiding clubs and truncheons! Interested in knives and bayonets of the trenches too! Both sides had a lot of weird gear back then, so if you'd post some photos of your collections we might all enjoy them! SRG

2. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Everson, Wa. Well-Known Member

DSC06060.jpg DSC06055.jpg
    I have this cool little trench art knife.
    Shell casing is dated 1918.
    Andy

ogre, Sgt Nambu, 70cyclone and 4 others like this.
  3. Sgt Nambu

Very cool!

4. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Not sure if I can get a hold of it for photos, but my wife's family had a family member that served in France in WWI. He had a number of photos of himself and his buddies in some well known places from WWI. He also has a booklet that the service members received from France as they were heading home. Just about 2 weeks ago, I saw it for the first time and got a chance to browse it a bit. It was a booklet that contained a sincere thank you from the people of France to those that came across the ocean to fight for them.

It's a neat book as it not only has the thank you message, but also contains a summary of some of the battles that happened during that war. It's an interesting piece of history. I've searched the internet trying to find a photo of it, but I'll be darned if I can find one using the search engines.

If I can get to it in the next few weeks or so, I'll try to get at least a photo of it.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  5. Sgt Nambu

That would be cool, etrain!

6. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I bought this bayonet from the decedents of the soldier who carried it in the great war.

bayonet 1 001.JPG

7. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I found it on Craigslist of all places. It balances out my Winchester 97 trench broom clone rather nicely.

win pump 12 002.JPG

Sgt Nambu, AndyinEverson and etrain16 like this.