JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Is the heat shield parkerized

I believe so but I will research before I say for sure

Edit:
I'm having a hard time confirming this. I believe this heat sheild is factory original. It is stamped with: Warning Before use read owners guide blah blah blah on one side and 12GA- Chambered for 2 3/4 - 3 USA on the other side. I can't find anything definitive that says parkerized.

Post pictures...the factory heat shields for the 590 were very specific because the 590 has Ghost Ring sights.

I don't have a public picture hosting service but if you PM me your e-mail I'd be happy to send some your way.

This is from a 590 with a front bead sight not a 590a1.

From wikipedia:
Unlike Model 500 and 590 shotguns (with the exception of ghost-ring sight 590 models), Model 590A1 shotguns cannot be easily fitted with the factory heat shield, due to the heavy barrel. A heat shield and bayonet lug are required for military 3443G Type I riot shotguns,[2] and some 590A1s are so equipped, but it is not clear if the 590A1 heat shields have ever been offered for sale outside of the military market.

Ah...unfortunately, I've got one of those (non-military) 590 models with the GR sights...so it seems there's no heat shield for me. No matter, I love having the bayonet lug.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.