JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm seeing many of the SOLD items with all previous info deleted. How about a rule that the prices remain with the post. It is a good resource for people to see what fire arms are selling for in this area. This is the policy of many other forums.

I really think it would help other would be sellers to establish selling prices on like fire arms, and it would help buyers figure out the going price of a fire arm he/she is considering to buy.

Any input?

I'm seeing many of the SOLD items with all previous info deleted. How about a rule that the prices remain with the post. It is a good resource for people to see what fire arms are selling for in this area. This is the policy of many other forums.

I really think it would help other would be sellers to establish selling prices on like fire arms, and it would help buyers figure out the going price of a fire arm he/she is considering to buy.

Any input?

Yes and no.:s0131:

I also use forums such as this to help determine gun values. A situation I find, however, more times than not, is the prices "asked" are not what the final sales price ended up being. And, there can be quite a difference. Folks often use firearms auction and trading sites to set a price on their guns. They see a .600 Remchester with an asking price of 900 bucks, and they figure that's what their gun is worth. They don't consider that that gun may have received zero offers, and it remains unsold.

So, this can be one more tool, but a guy has to know to sift out only the usable information.

WAYNO.

I agree that it's easy to look at the auction sites and over value a fire arm, real easy. I see a lot of guns way over priced, but they normally don't get many replies.

If you look at items that have actually sold and how fast they sold it well help you to set a price. If you see a 8mm Wiperdill listed for $300 and it sells within hours you know that was probably a low price.

I never understood why people put the EXTRA WORK into deleting the price.

What is the big secret?

Part of it may come from previous practice before we closed ads of our sold items. I have seen people update their ads on other boards by marking it SOLD and removing the price to convey the message that it's no longer available.

The other part seems to stem from people wanting to conceal their dealings. And that leads to Trlsmn's point.

My feelings are that deleting Ads is bad because there may be an issue after the sale and there needs to be a record of how the seller stated his item.

Trlsmn is correct. Once the seller deletes the ad, it's hard to figure out what the deal was if a dispute arises or even if there was a completed transaction.

I'm not a fan of AR15.com but they have a rule requiring the seller to leave the description and price intact after the item is sold. For them it serves two purposes, 1) being a reference to what the market price is for the item and 2) as evidence as to what was represented by the seller if there is a dispute.