Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTT SAR-8/FERO-Z Hensoldt scope for other Military Rifles

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by trainsktg, Feb 15, 2010.

1. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Hello all,

At this time I am interested in a Trade Only, no cash sale.

I have had this rifle for about a year, but it hasn't really caught on with me as much as I would have liked. It is a visually and mechanically excellent Springfield SAR-8 with a stamped steel receiver (not aluminum), built with HK equipment in Greece. It has a lifetime repair/replacement warranty. Also included is a German military Hensoldt (Zeiss) 4x FERO-Z scope, claw mount, original scope case and an an assortment of about 10 original alloy and steel magazines. The flash hider is not welded in place.

I would like to trade for an SVD, SVD Tiger or SVT-38, plus I'll throw in cash or South African .308 battlepacks if my setup in terms of dollars comes out a bit less than your's. Or maybe you have in interesting combination like a Finned SVT-40 and original Mosin Nagant PU sniper that you'd like to offer. Preferably original military or 7.62x54r if you want to offer something else not listed. [Edit: (see three posts down) also considering 8mm semi autos like Hakims, FN49s and Yugo M76s]

Here is a lousy picture, but this is the one being offered.

I will be in home in Portland from the 20th through the 23rd..

Keith

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. Ian1816

Ian1816 Oregon City Active Member

Where did you get your information about the background check requirement? It is the first I have heard of it being required for transfer between two private citizens.

3. trainsktg

I just re-read the applicable ORS again. It appears I was mostly mistaken about the 01FFL transfer requirement. The FFL requirement seems to only refer to a private transaction between Oregon residents either at or initiated at a gunshow, not a FTF transaction initiated through another venue like here. But, I'll have to re-read it again over the next few days to be absolutely sure. The ORS seems to merely suggest, not require, a seller to call the state and request a background requirement.

Since I am an OR resident, a FTF with another Oregon resident would be OK, but I would still have to use an 01FFL to transfer to a WA resident.

Keith

4. trainsktg

BTT everyone.

I've had some really good offers so far, but nothing that is quite what I was looking for. Narrowing down the list a bit: SVT-38, SVT-40 ('Finned' and/or non-refurbed a plus)original Mosin PU sniper, and an SVD Tiger are still on the list, but I'd like to add 8mm semi-autos like Hakims, FN 49s and Yugo M76 (I'll trade straight up for a Mitchell Arms M90 :) ha ha ). I ---might---be interested in other items, but unless they are unusual I'd rather just stick with the list above.

I'll be home again this weekend. FTF w/ OR resident is good, 01 FFL required for WA resident with non-C&R rifles.

Thanks for looking.

Keith

5. Noskov

Noskov Hawaii New Member

PM sent