JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$800
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
45 ACP
City
Twisp
State
Washington
Zip Code
So up for trade is my Springfield Armory high capacity 1911 A1. SA made two models of high caps, this is the nicer of the two, it's a hybrid of the standard GI spec gun and one of their Loaded models. The frame has all the features of a Loaded 1911, but with a GI spec slide. Magazines hold 14 rounds. The pistol recently went back to SA for a checkup and to replace the mag catch. Will include 6 mags, 4 nearly new, new recoil, main, and sear spring, and a nearly new Blade Tech OWB holster. This thing has some girth to the grip, so if you have small hands, probably not the gun for you. I have medium/large hands, and really like the way it fits my hand, I find a standard 1911 a bit skinny. I have no idea of round count, it left the factory in May 2001, I've probably only put about 200 rounds through it myself. Other than the mag catch issue, it's been flawless with a variety of factory and hand loads. Only reason I'm letting it go is I just don't find it comfortable to shoot, I shoot it fine, but I'm ready to quit after one mag. Not a lot of these being sold, and what data I can find has them kind of all over the place, so I'm going to guess at a fair trade value around $800, feel free to contradict me on that if you have data to suggest otherwise. Pistol is in nice condition over all, nothing beyond normal wear for a 20+ year old pistol.

Looking to trade for another .45 ACP. Top choice would be a full size Beretta PX4 Storm, but will consider others with a preference for DA/SA's with decockers. Only revolver I'd consider is a Ruger Blackhawk or Bisley convertible in .45 ACP/.45 LC, I realize that's a pretty long shot, but might be able to add some cash for the right gun.

Have decided to open this up for sale as well, price is $800 shipped to FFL of your choice. If trading, we each pay our own shipping to FFL of choice, and transfer fees. Nothing left but pics, thanks for looking. Dave

185CF48B-0C3A-4265-A0BD-5CAF10BA6583_1_201_a.jpeg 12727DE1-BA95-4D3F-B8B9-D4A9A9CB5CB7_1_201_a.jpeg E7D18307-BC00-4B19-9851-CB81E8E21544_1_201_a.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I'd sell and ship, but I really have no idea of a fair price :(, which is why I normally try to make trades. But of course, that means you'd be buying sight unseen, and Portland is a LOOONGG way from Twisp. I do that all the time, and have for years, but it makes lots of folks queasy. I guessed a trade value of $800 with all the extras, does that strike you as a reasonable purchase price? If you'd like to do some research, the model number is PX9707L, check it out and get back to me. Cash would let me buy the pistol I want, I just find trading a little less stressful for all concerned :rolleyes:. Let me know.

Dave

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.