Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR WTT OR, WA: BULK LEAD - SCRAP LEAD

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Items Wanted' started by U201491, Nov 4, 2014.

1. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Would like to trade for used and scrap Lead.

BUT EVEN MORE, I NEED: the below.

I actually need a couple ladles, a Melting pot and
    some cannonball sinker molds from 1 oz to 6 oz and
    Looks like this year I will be bank fishing, so
    maybe a triangle no roll mold in the 2 to 6 oz range also.

Things I have to trade.
    More things added.

http://www.payles.com/tooltrade
    The tools at the above site can be valued at 50% of what is shown there and the Shim Punch set is negotiable. You won't find one like that anywhere on this planet.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/p-o-ackley-loading-manual-and-shooters-handbook-volume-i-and-ii.183019

A few more things I have to trade are here.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...or-similar-mount-1-rings.182285/#post-1170803

PLEASE USE PM TO REPLY

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  2. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Have lots available of scrap lead. would put trade value at 1$/ # unless we are talking about 100's of #'s. then could reduce to $.90/#. Would be looking for bullets to reload, or good brass reloadable pistol cases., Do not need 9mm, or 40 S&W.. could use 30 carbine, 380,10mm, 44 and 45

3. U201491

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  4. U201491

Still need lead, and maybe casting ladle, pots, ingot mold, and Sinker molds
    (Canon Ball 1 oz to 6 oz)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  5. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Please confirm what bulk lead is worth per lb? I might have a solid lead anchor that weighs about 30-40 lbs that I could part with.

6. U201491

PM sent

7. BEN LILLY

BEN LILLY Lincoln City, OR NRA LIFE MEMBER Bronze Supporter

Check your local tire store. Have them save tire weights for you

U201491 likes this.
  8. U201491

I used to do that. Back in the day. Now they all use steel weights :( Also 20K other people stopping and asking the same thing :( again. Thanks though. :)
    Also used to buy 5 LB bars connected in 25# strings at the plumbing shops allo over, but not many have that anymore either and they think it made of gold now :/
    I just barter when its available and hopefully can get enough to supply us and all the grandkids with fishing stuff :) Just swapped a friend for a nice bar of it, but always need more.
    Also need molds and bigger ladle and pot.

9. Sam Kinard

Sam Kinard Active Member

Be sure to take care if you do find someone willing to give you their wheel weights. Many new(er) ones are zinc and it will take about one zinc WW to ruin your entire pot of alloy.

I have no interest in telling you what to do, I just found that out the hard way about 3 years ago when I completely destroyed 20-25lbs. of alloy with what had to be one or two zinc WW's.

Seriously, if you can find an old sailboat with lead keels you can score in a big way. I got 1200lbs. of pure lead from one(FREE) boat several years ago and it was absolutely worth the $150 or so that it cost to dispose of the rest of the boat.

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread. I just wanted to offer my own experiences. Speaking of which, I purchased about 250lbs. of lead sheeting from a roofer in the early '00's for .10 cents per pound. It's worth more now and people are more keen of the value of taking it to a scrapyard, but it's out there if you've always got your eyes open.

10. BEN LILLY

BEN LILLY Lincoln City, OR NRA LIFE MEMBER Bronze Supporter

I may have dated myself. lol. Back when I gathered wheel weight, it was all pure lead.
    I have also found lead balist in old air craft.

U201491 likes this.
  11. U201491

Making sinkers, so dont care about the alloy too much.

12. 45alive

45alive South Douglas County- Orygun Well-Known Member

Hello, I have some lead I could sell you, but I am not quite sure what neck o the woods you are in . Not sure where Pyongyang , Oregon is LOL! I would have sent you a PM as requested but I am a semi-retarded computer operator. Is it the '' Start a Conversation'' option ? Send me a PM if interested, Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.