Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTT: Homebrew flat top AR

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by skud_dusty, Sep 20, 2008.

1. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!! THANKS FOR THE INTEREST

I've come to the conclusion that I can't shoot them both at once, and I don't think I have enough money to feed more than one, so the flat top if up for a possible trade.

It's an ASA lower, with an unknown upper. I haven't been able to find any forge marks on the upper and the only marks found on the barrel are "SS 5.56" Some have thought it might be a complete Oly upper. I've put quite a few rounds through it and it's been 100% reliable and accurate. The previous owner put 1k through it without issue. It does have a free float tube and hogue grip on it. It'll come with the carry handle and 1 pmag.

The only issues are completely cosmetic. It does have some dings on the magwell which don't effect function in any way.

On the right:

poop.jpg

The lower one:

2AR15.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture078.jpg

I'll also throw in the cheapie 4x scope in the above picture.

What I'd really like is a high cap 9/40/45 compact of fullsize. Willing to accept a trade + cash if you don't have equal value. I'd like to get $700 OBO. Make an offer, worst I can do is say no :p

2. stitchclimber

stitchclimber St. Louis Active Member

I like it. Would you be at all interested in a S&W 4043 .40 w/ 5 ll rd mags, a brand new bianchi shoulder harness, 250 rds of ammo and S&W box for a partial trade?

3. skud_dusty

Might be interested, do you have any pictures? What kind of condition is it in? What else would you be able to offer on top of the S&W? Thanks! :D

4. skud_dusty

Also, I would accept a decent pistol + SKS as trade. Also considering other rifles/shotguns. I want a pistol but am open to a pistol + other firearm as trade. Make me an offer, I'll work with you :)

5. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Purdy rifle man.. Wish i had some trades for ya.. very cool and not tacti-crappy!

6. skud_dusty

Thank you! I like my rifles nice and simple. I was thinking about hanging a bunch of junk on it, but it would just be a waste. That's why I'm keeping the 20"...won't have to worry about spending big bucks on optics and crap :p

7. stitchclimber

I also have a mossberg 500 I'm looking to get rid of.

8. skud_dusty

How many rounds through the Smith? Any pics of the Mossberg? Thanks :D

9. stitchclimber

I don't have any pics of the mossberg at this time. Its a 12g, wood furniture, vented/ribbed barrel with choke set, some slight tooling around where the barrel, in pretty good condition.

The S&W has less than 500 rounds through it. Only real wear on it is a slight discoloration on the trigger.

10. skud_dusty

I'm not sure how interested I am in the Smith. They seem to be pretty inexpensive, and not 100% what I'm looking for. How long is the barrel on the Mossberg? Not really looking for a skeet/hunting gun, more of an HD gun. Anything else you interested in trading? Thanks :D

11. stitchclimber

It's like a 27" inch barrel or something long like that, it's more of a turkey gun than a HD gun, I also have a Swedish Mauser in 6.5x55, but it's not worth that much. Thanks for your time.

12. friskydingo

friskydingo Oregon, NorCal, and Panama. Yes. All three New Member

a short barrel for a 500 is cheap and easy to find......

13. skud_dusty

Well I'm not totally set against the Smith, I'd just like to do a little more research before I jump into it. Let me think about it for a bit and I'll get back to you. Thanks for your time as well!

14. skud_dusty

Price drop

15. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

I will bump this... seems like a great price....

16. skud_dusty

Traded today! Thanks for the interest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.