JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
yelm
State
Washington
Zip Code
Hope you all are well, Its come to my attention that I have way to many .22 rifles and ive chose a few to let go of.

1. Wards Western Field O4M 495A Its a sweet little tube fed bolt action rifle in very good shape. Most old .22's I buy like this Ill re-blue the whole thing This one though I left alone with the exception of the stock. Someone at some point made a horrible decision to "paint" it with some dark reddish shellac type stuff. It looked awful.... I used citrastrip to take it all off then I wet sanded with 800 grit to get the rest off, took forever but it made the stock very uniform looking, I then refinished it with a honey colored MinWax and it made the grain of the wood come out really nice think. Then had to repair a few holes and a small crack, the holes were from some previous owner screwing a 1895 Winchester tang sight into the stock. It still has the factory sling swivels, dust cover on the bolt, and peep sight. Since this is a copy of a Mossberg rifle the peep sight does say mossberg with a corresponding model number. The rifling is still good, and I have shot this rifle. It was accurate with CCI quiet rounds and they sounded like mouse farts coming out of it..
It would be a great starter Rifle for a kid or an addition to someones collection. These are becoming scarce and new manufactured .22's just aren't as good as the old ones IMHO.
Id like to get 250 for it and I am open to offers, I can also ship or meet within reason
. IMG_1390.jpg IMG_1391.jpg IMG_1392.jpg IMG_1393.jpg IMG_1394.jpg IMG_1395.jpg IMG_1396.jpg

2. The second one im offering is kinds of a crown jewel in my opinion it is by my best guess a 1945 H&R Reising MOD 65 .22 Training rifle. The Reising .45 machine gun was a contemporary of the Thompson during WWII it didn't get the acclaim the Thompson did but in the Marine Corps use it did very well. It isn't marked USMC like some of the other ones were but it doesn't mean this one wasn't used for training at some point, or it was intended too but instead was sold on the civilian market. This thing is a full sized rifle.. Its heavy, accurate and built to last. This one like the other rifle I did not re-blue it would have taken away form the natural patina of the metal. The stock was in poor shape when I bought it several years ago, I did a light sanding of the whole thing and fixed several cracks from getting worse, they were all on the fore end of the stock. At some point in its life some kid must have engraved his Initial in it as you can see from the big G in the side. The sling and butt plate were missing, and I did find a site that was selling NOS Reising parts. I snagged a butt stock and a sling, never did fit the but plate to the stock so it does look a little off. The peep sight is also original minus the diopter part I purchased one that would gather more light for a better sight picture. It also has a ORIGINAL Reising 10rd magazine which is uber rare, and one after market mag. Both feed and work as advertised. One piece Ive never been able to find is a front sight either the "horns" were bent up at one point or broke off you can tell someone has ground them down to nothing. These rifles are very very rare and would be great for a WWII collection
Same with the other rifle I am willing to meet within reason and will ship. Id like to get 350$ obo
IMG_1397.jpg IMG_1398.jpg IMG_1399.jpg IMG_1400.jpg IMG_1401.jpg IMG_1402.jpg IMG_1403.jpg IMG_1404.jpg IMG_1405.jpg IMG_1406.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Hope you all are well, Its come to my attention that I have way to many .22 rifles and ive chose a few to let go of.

1. Wards Western Field O4M 495A Its a sweet little tube fed bolt action rifle in very good shape. Most old .22's I buy like this Ill re-blue the whole thing This one though I left alone with the exception of the stock. Someone at some point made a horrible decision to "paint" it with some dark reddish shellac type stuff. It looked awful.... I used citrastrip to take it all off then I wet sanded with 800 grit to get the rest off, took forever but it made the stock very uniform looking, I then refinished it with a honey colored MinWax and it made the grain of the wood come out really nice think. Then had to repair a few holes and a small crack, the holes were from some previous owner screwing a 1895 Winchester tang sight into the stock. It still has the factory sling swivels, dust cover on the bolt, and peep sight. Since this is a copy of a Mossberg rifle the peep sight does say mossberg with a corresponding model number. The rifling is still good, and I have shot this rifle. It was accurate with CCI quiet rounds and they sounded like mouse farts coming out of it..
It would be a great starter Rifle for a kid or an addition to someones collection. These are becoming scarce and new manufactured .22's just aren't as good as the old ones IMHO.
Id like to get 250 for it and I am open to offers, I can also ship or meet within reason
. View attachment 1029327View attachment 1029329View attachment 1029330View attachment 1029331View attachment 1029332View attachment 1029333View attachment 1029334

2. The second one im offering is kinds of a crown jewel in my opinion it is by my best guess a 1945 H&R Reising MOD 65 .22 Training rifle. The Reising .45 machine gun was a contemporary of the Thompson during WWII it didn't get the acclaim the Thompson did but in the Marine Corps use it did very well. It isn't marked USMC like some of the other ones were but it doesn't mean this one wasn't used for training at some point, or it was intended too but instead was sold on the civilian market. This thing is a full sized rifle.. Its heavy, accurate and built to last. This one like the other rifle I did not re-blue it would have taken away form the natural patina of the metal. The stock was in poor shape when I bought it several years ago, I did a light sanding of the whole thing and fixed several cracks from getting worse, they were all on the fore end of the stock. At some point in its life some kid must have engraved his Initial in it as you can see from the big G in the side. The sling and butt plate were missing, and I did find a site that was selling NOS Reising parts. I snagged a butt stock and a sling, never did fit the but plate to the stock so it does look a little off. The peep sight is also original minus the diopter part I purchased one that would gather more light for a better sight picture. It also has a ORIGINAL Reising 10rd magazine which is uber rare, and one after market mag. Both feed and work as advertised. One piece Ive never been able to find is a front sight either the "horns" were bent up at one point or broke off you can tell someone has ground them down to nothing. These rifles are very very rare and would be great for a WWII collection
Same with the other rifle I am willing to meet within reason and will ship. Id like to get 350$ obo
View attachment 1029335View attachment 1029336View attachment 1029337View attachment 1029338View attachment 1029339View attachment 1029341View attachment 1029342View attachment 1029343View attachment 1029344View attachment 1029345
I'm interested, still have them?

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top