JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Savage
Caliber
308 Winchester
City
Seattle
State
Washington
Zip Code
I have a Savage 10P-SR 308 Win rifle that I would like to sell. This rifle is a great shooter (1/2 to 1MOA with match ammo), and could easily be turned into sub 1/2-MOA rifle with glass bedding. Barrel is 18" 1:10 twist and 5R rifling and 5/8-24 muzzle treads (muzzle brake is included). I purchased the rifle early this year from a forum member and did some custom work on the rifle. I installed a new Bell & Carlson Varmint/Competition stock (right now the same stock is selling for $455 + tax on the B&C website), had the bolt profesionaly fluted (paid $100) and I replaced extractor with a custom one for better action. This Savage is now as smooth as you can get from a Savage rifle (if you are not familiar with savage rifles, they tend to be very accurate, but their action is generally not smooth). The rifle shoots great in this configuration. This model has 2-stage accutrigger, so the trigger action is as good as any custom high-end rifle. I am not sure how many shots this rifle had down the pipe (I got the rifle used from another forum member and he claimed that the rifle was barely ever shot, but I have no way to know if he was telling the truth). I shot about 150 rounds through the pipe and was able to get groups 0.5 to 1MOA range with my reloads. I did not glass-bed the rifle, but with glass-bedding one could easily bring this rifle to sub-1/2 MOA rifle (of course you would need to shoot well and to use match ammo or your optimized reloads). This Savage model has a bottom bolt release mechanism, tactical bolt handle and 4-round metal magazine. 20MOA picatinny rail also comes mounted on the rifle. This rifle is all metal body construction including magazine and has a heavy barrel. The B&C varmint stock is also close to 4lb, so this rifle is heavy and good for target shooting, not really for hunting unless you want to carry around 14lb-16lb (with scope).

This rifle is a local deal in Seattle area. We can meet in a local gun shop for a transfer (buyer pays the transfer). I would prefer to do the transfer in Precise Shooter (Woodinville, WA) or Pantel Tactical (Renton, WA). I am asking $600 and my price is a great deal for what you get. In addition to the rifle, I will also give you about 100 brass cases (82 Federal and 18 Lapua) and about 20 of fully loaded cartridges (match-grade reloads) Just the extra that I added to the rifle cost over $600. I would accept some partial trade for H4350 powder (I would knock $50 for each pound of the powder) and/or Lapua 139gr 6.5mm bullets ($50 off for each 100-bullets box).

God Bless,

Dan

Savage#1.jpg Savage#2.jpg Savage#3.jpg Savage#4.jpg Savage#5.jpg Savage#6.jpg Savage#7.jpg Savage#8.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
On one side I am sorry to sell it because it is an accurate rifle, but on the other hand I just lost interest and love for it. For me rifles are like toys. I get one, I love it at the beginning and do some custom work, and then after a while I just get tired of it and want to sell it and get something else.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top