JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings:

I am doing a market test here and just wondering if there was a market and what someone would pay for the following parts kit.

It would include every single part of the shown shotgun with the exception of the receiver. The gun is a Mossberg model 590 A1 14" barrel, speed feed stock, ghost ring sights, surefire light, sling and four round tac star ammo holder on the left side of the receiver. The Mossberg product number for this host gun is #51689. They have a price of about $500 + tax new.

A few of the differences between the 590s and the 500 are as follows:

Much heaver walled barrel
Steel safety
Steel trigger guards
Parkerized finish
Magazine capped for cleaning like an 870 (not blind like M-500)

What this would allow is an individual to take a m500 receivier (parts are interchangeable) and LAWFULLY convert it on a ATF FORM 1 into a shortbarrel shotgun. M500 receivers are commonly available or could be obtained from a host gun.

To answer a coulple of questions in advance:

*No, the fore-end or barrel or trigger group is NOT going to be available seperate.

*Possibly up to 20 of these could be available, if so, they would probably be listed on gun broker.

*The receiver will NOT be available, unless you are a law enforcment agency.

*The black and white sticker on the stock just peels off.

*Age of guns if 10 years.

Let me know!

Wow - I was really looking to see what the market would bear for these... Lights ARE surefire not laser products, just before they went to new style (of which we have a few).

********** GUNS MAY BE FORM 5 - Need to check... my source told me F10 hence the parts kit route...****** IF they are 5s they will probably go out as full guns.

I checked with Mossberg LE sales and agency price on the base model no light is $409 and that is less the 10% FET.... Mossberg's pricing is all over the board with all the different models and options. This one is the speed feed with Ghost rings.

So with a retail of around $450, if someone had a 500 they wanted to convert or wanted to buy a $50 receiver from centerfire and pay $200 tax on a form 1 they could have essentially the same gun with a LIGHT (price one of those lately?) for a few hundred less than a new one... just a thought. Might not play out feasibly ...

.......hence the post and why I am checking. Gauging A) Interest and B) Price....

Thanks for the interest I will keep you posted. (promise).

Any way these guns are disposed of it wont be until estimated Feb/March 2010.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top