JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Considering the federal government and many states are still pushing and fighting for some rather significant gun control laws, I don't think we've seen the end to the hysteria.

I don't consider high prices to be part of the hysteria though. High prices are a result of HUGE demand and low supply caused by both people simply entering the world of gun ownership and others deciding they need more for the fear they might not be able to get them later.

So until the hysteria and sensationalism in the state capitals and DC goes away, you will undoubtedly see demand continue to be off the charts.

I'm guilty of gaining from the price increases too - I bought a Beretta 92FS INOX Tactical law Enforcement for $500 in cash, listed it on Gunbroker and it sold for $785. But that's because the bidder wanted it - not because my price was too high.

Wow! Was your Beretta used or new? Where did you find one for that cheap?
I'm not really in the market for one, but just wondering how you could score something like that in today's gun rush.

When is the buyers market from '94 and '08 going to arrive? ;)

Don't forget about Y2K...... There were no buyers markets for any of these. These DB's that bought high are going to try recoup there investment.... Good luck clown's. If prices do come down we'll see about the buyers market. I doubt people will sell much. They are going to hold to what they have out of fear or unable to accept a loss.

SF-

I purchased my INOX from Fisherman's for $400 (used) about a year ago. Even then I thought it was a good deal. Now I know it was.

My brother purchased a 92FS Inox a little over a year ago from Keith's, and I believe he paid about $625. And that was a US made with the black controls. I may be mistaken, but I thought that it has been next to impossible to find a new Inox under $600.

I made the smart decision of purchasing 200 rounds of 9mm at Surplus Ammo each time I was in Tacoma last year, so I have a little stockpile that's helped me through the ammo crunch we've been going through. Won't be able to do much more target shooting though until everything calms down more.

Wow! Was your Beretta used or new? Where did you find one for that cheap?
I'm not really in the market for one, but just wondering how you could score something like that in today's gun rush.

It was used but it was hard to tell. Don't think it saw more than 20 rounds. It was a local cash sale in November 2012, before the hysteria. I'd also venture a guess the owner didn't know what he really had.

Shame on all of you for being able to sell your gear to a happy buyer for an agreed upon price. There are members here who may attack you for such awful behavior. They may even attack you personally even though you received a positive feedback score for your transaction. You had a supply and your buyer had a demand and chose to spend their money the way they saw fit. Just be prepared to be called out on it.

In case you missed my sarcasm, I'd like to point it out. :)

I have been offered in the last 30 days 3x what my Sig was worth and they
are serious.

Why didn't I sell? Because gun ownership for me is not about money its about the firearm you own
A person could offer me 5x its worth and I would not part with it. Irreplaceable to me... you all know what I am talking about . You get that firearm and won't part with it well that the one I won't part with.
hard when someone flashes green, but you cannot buy firearm happiness.:s0155:

I do agree. I have sold a few pieces over the last few months, but I still have many I wouldn't sell for any amount. Because there is NO amount of money that could replace the family history these pieces represent.

I do agree. I have sold a few pieces over the last few months, but I still have many I wouldn't sell for any amount. Because there is NO amount of money that could replace the family history these pieces represent.

I've purchased 10X more than I have sold. I also have favorites that will ultimately be passed down to my son. One of those will be the first firearm I ever purchased. Don't laugh, but it is a Jennings 22. No, not a Jimenez, but the original. Never ever had a malfunction. And a hoot to shoot too. Loud as heck.
Doesn't look quite like this one... <broken link removed>

Anyway....Like SW said, owning firearms is not about the money. It's about the "feel goodness" you get when handling and shooting them.

Yeah.... The pre-lock, snub nose, S&W I bought from my grandma isn't going anywhere, ever, for any price. The RIA 1911 on the other hand.. Egh.. I've only fired one other 1911 and it was a Les Baer custom monolith (or something to that effect).

LMAO. This over priced business pisses me off but truth be told, if I had a ton of extra guns I too would be selling for inflated prices too as why be the one guy who doesn't make out!

But seriously this is my first experience with this and it is LAME!
To the OP the sigma is not a $550 gun sure but they get a bad wrap, Ive had two, no jams, accurate (I'm a beast behind the trigger anyhow), and they seem well built. I like em, just saying...

In the last few months or so, a store opened up in Tualatin. After several stops in there and a true effort to keep my money as local as possible, I am 100% convinced that they simply set up shop to take advantage of the knee jerk reaction in suburbia.

At one point they were selling an XDS for $750... NIB, not custom. The other day I called to check on ammo, they are asking $44.95 for a 50 round box of fmj .45 acp.

Been in there, what a joke of a store front. The guy is kinda a jerk too.

Well let me tell you, the ammo situation is out of control. you cant find common calibers anywhere. This stupid knee jerking has only caused a bunch of non shooters to clog the system. It all sucks so bad.

Kinda irritating seeing people selling 10/22 185.00 rifles for 300,00 in this forum is in my opinion unethical.

This just got me thinking.

The people that have been around guns for a while would never buy that 10/22 for $300. It seems mostly the newbies that are panic buying. I might be wrong on that.

I checked my local Bi-Mart every day this week for ammo. They had two 10/22's at the start of the week, one SS and one blued. Yesterday they still had the blued model. It was around $189 if I remember correctly (I wasn't interested in buying, so didn't pay too much attention).

Now I know getting more people interested in guns seems like a good thing, but not if all they're after is flipping them for some lousy bucks.

Just my :s0159:

About the ammo.. If your complaining, you're at the wrong spot! Zombies invited, whole heartedly!!! I went to a Walmart last week (with my super-sexy, gorgeous, girlfriend (who loves shooting & wheeling) long last and behold.. I have more pistol ammo then them. Purely by accident!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top