JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so I will admit - like many here, I look at other gun forums :s0131:

Now that I have that out of the way, I can rant. Recently, another forum (Seattleguns.net) went through a change to vBulletin. Now for some reason, I can't log in to the site. My email address is not recognized, user name and password are invalid, and the administrator has disabled registration. I don't use that site all that much, but I was browsing the classifieds there and found something I would buy, but alas, I am not able to do so. I can't even contact the administrator, because it tries to use Microsoft Outlook, which I do not have configured on my laptop, and I don't really care to set it up to use outlook. It's just not worth it to me. Anyways, I am just ranting because I am up late, surfing the net, and I can't buy those Magpul BUIS for $50. Life sucks, huh?

Well, rant over, but before I go, I just want to say - What the French, toast? :huh:

It's back up now, was shut down part of Tuesday. You have to reset hour password through the links provided and then you can get in. If its not that easy for you, browse the discussing area and/or the site support section, lots of help there, only two admins and a handful of mods doing their best to get it back for everyone.

Yea, vBulletin and SGN's new host did not tell them ahead of time of these limitations... it's not their fault. In fact, it looks like they have help from a professional web design firm, and even they didn't pipe up to mention this little detail. There again, this is just not the fault of SGN ownership or admin. Those guys are working their asses off to get this all fixed. Ultimately I had to email them at webmaster at seattleguns dot net to request help. They reset my password for me, then the problem was solved.

My advice: give them until next week and then try again. If it still does not work, then that's probably a good time to send them an email. In the meantime, continue to enjoy NWF!!

Read the bulletin. They can only process 1000 passwords a day so trying to do multiples will slow things down. I'm logged in.

This is not true. The 1000 message limit is set up for new vBulletin users. If they contact vBulletin, they can lift the limit temporarily or permanently. vBulletin uses the 1000 emails as the default to help prevent spamming. I'm puzzled why this has not been figured out yet.

I do not know how may subscribers there are on SGN, but if many people are sending in multiple password requests, it could take months to get them back up and running at 1000/emails/day. In the meantime I bet you will see more Seattle stuff listed here for sale.

This is not true. The 1000 message limit is set up for new vBulletin users. If they contact vBulletin, they can lift the limit temporarily or permanently. vBulletin uses the 1000 emails as the default to help prevent spamming. I'm puzzled why this has not been figured out yet.

I do not know how may subscribers there are on SGN, but if many people are sending in multiple password requests, it could take months to get them back up and running at 1000/emails/day. In the meantime I bet you will see more Seattle stuff listed here for sale.

I'm not puzzled... they're not tech guys which I'm guessing is why it appears that they hired help. I think you're right to question the "professional" web design firm on this matter.

It sounds like you know a bit about this. Perhaps send them a quick note so they can be informed and get their issue resolved? I know we're not SGN here, but aren't we all shooting sports enthusiasts that could help each other out?

That's the lousy part; I can't even request a change of password. My email address isn't even recognized by the forum. Oh well, screw it.

I had the exact same issue so I emailed them at webmaster at seattleguns dot net asking for resolution. I made that request before they asked the board members to stop doing that, so I didn't know it was not cool. However, if you give it until next week I suspect that email should be fine.

This is the same way that BBDartCA could reach them about lifting the email limit.

I'm not puzzled... they're not tech guys which I'm guessing is why it appears that they hired help. I think you're right to question the "professional" web design firm on this matter.

It sounds like you know a bit about this. Perhaps send them a quick note so they can be informed and get their issue resolved? I know we're not SGN here, but aren't we all shooting sports enthusiasts that could help each other out?

That's the paradox of the matter. They are so overloaded with emails I do not think I'm getting through to them ... and of course I can't post on their board. Had email bounce back too - maybe mailbox is full. I've put enough effort into it. More important things to do. But I did see two very good motorcycle boards die due to a similar issue. Time for consolidation of the NW gun forums?

TO HECK WITH 'EM I say.They would not recognize my yahoo email.
I didn't want to form another email addy just for some pompous gunsite

What TF do they know about guns in seattle anyway?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top