JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
this ones pretty dumb.. sorry. the thread and the complaint and all your whining, that is.

how can you justify having a problem with people trying to be considerate? does this affect you in any way? are they banning mention of fathers day, or just giving some folks a chance to opt out of "happy fathers day!" BS when they dont need yet another reminder of something that is painful?

i get the pushback against various forms of wokeness, and sympathize, but pick your goddamn battles.

jfc

this ones pretty dumb.. sorry. the thread and the complaint and all your whining, that is.

how can you justify having a problem with people trying to be considerate? does this affect you in any way? are they banning mention of fathers day, or just giving some folks a chance to opt out of "happy fathers day!" BS when they dont need yet another reminder of something that is painful?

i get the pushback against various forms of wokeness, and sympathize, but pick your goddamn battles.

jfc
It's one of those things that people say, like when the cashier at wally world says have a nice day. We both know she doesn't give a damn one way or another what kind of day I have. I find all the special days pretty silly, and I find bubbleguming about them equally as silly.

Now there are special days that are overtly political and deserve push back, but pablum like fathers day, really, who gives a darn either way? Everyone has a father, and they all die eventually. Can we just stop pretending that fathers day and the like is anything other than a marketing push to sell greeting cards?

I'd also like to point out, that if Uber really cared about offending people, they'd stay away from the whole happy day BS altogether and just drive the damn cars.....

I remember I was doing some form for some boring licensing thing, and when I got to the gender part, I was suprised how many options they gave me on there! 🤣

It is cool they gave an option, personally I am pretty meh either way. I still call Christmas, Christmas. I don't care if people call it holiday, xmas, or non-binary religious celebration. To me, Christmas is Christmas. My family knew exactly what America celebrated when they came here in the 80's, and no one got offended when people wished you Merry Christmas.

I grew up in a family where we didn't celebrate "days" at all. I don't see why this is an issue in either direction. Why there has to be a notice in the first place or why people would get butthurt about it. Just ignore it and click the big X in the corner or unsubscribe. It's the Internet equivalent of small talk. How 'bout that weather, Bob? It sure is a lot of weather out there in the weather

I'm seeing lots of triggered folks here over this fairly benign option to opt out of holiday reminders that may be painful for some people.

Or is having painful memories/experiences only possible if you're lib-rul? Hmm.

Juneteenth is coming up.

If you don't have a direct link to that event, or are not a POC, then you need to still show up to work -- no cultural appropriation for you! </sarcasm>

I was gonna say something about Juneteenth and father's day being on the same day this year, but I guess that might also be seen as dark humor...

Some people will see racism everywhere and never miss an opportunity to virtue signal.
dude makes a joke about not making a joke about black people and dads and im virtue signaling? please.

love how yall backpedal when someone calls out your dog whistling. cowardice and racism go hand in bubbleguming hand. straight up.

Sorry I missed the party. Yeah, my statement has racial context to it, hinting towards some stereotypes. Making fun of stereotypes is what makes up for a lot of humor. And if you read it again, you'll see that It's not making fun of black people. I'm making a joke about the stereotype. The most racist thing about what I said was using the context to call it "dark" humor. If you choose to be offended, sorry snowflake. You clearly couldn't make it halfway through blazing saddles without having a meltdown.

And with all of that....we are done here.
( Said in best "dad" voice )

Divisive and less than excellent commets will get posts removed and or a thread shut down.
If y'all are tired of that happening...then stop with the divisive and less than excellent comments...
Simple really.
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR